Baymule’s Farm

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
no kiddin'! some of us are still hoping for @ninnymary clones to come help us weed! plus i think my sister and nephew would be upset at being voted off the island (so to speak).
I would also like a clone of @ninnymary to come help me organize my garden and make it all tidy tidy

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
You are too kind and sweet Flowerbug.

it is part of my evil plan to take over the world by doing as little as possible. :) all joking aside, you've also been a good keed and i'm glad to have met you here on TEG. :)

i took pictures yesterday of the gardens. almost all of them have plenty of weeds for the OCD gardeners to fret over.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ninnymary since I don’t even have a garden space yet, you are invited to design mine. I just have to tear down some sheds, a horse pen and a string of scrappy chicken coops. It may take me awhile…….
You say when and I just may show up. What's your nearest airport?

Remember Thistlebloom invited me over and I showed up! haha

Mary

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
it is part of my evil plan to take over the world by doing as little as possible. :) all joking aside, you've also been a good keed and i'm glad to have met you here on TEG. :)

i took pictures yesterday of the gardens. almost all of them have plenty of weeds for the OCD gardeners to fret over.
I'm having my first Petit Gris de Rennes melon this morning. So juicy and flavorful although it seemed like last years was sweeter. Maybe I should have held off on watering to concentrate the sugars? Or is that even a thing? It's been a few degrees warmer this summer so that was good.

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
my first Petit Gris de Rennes melon
Baymule may find that melon variety a good choice for East Texas.

Two year trial -- I checked back and, yes, I lost half of them at the end of the growing season during second year. First year :hu. Noticed that I had NO galia melons until the end of August one year! We started the month of August 2023 by having one or two 🤷‍♂️ ,

I learned that Petit Gris de Rennes is classified as a Charentais. That means that I have tried just about a half dozen years to replace the Honey Girl that was taken off the market about 12-15 years ago. Honey Girl Charentais failed for me once in 5 years of growing.

I am a little apprehensive that the Lilly Crenshaw hasn't yet ripened a fruit in this very good melon year. What will it do if things aren't so good? ... Oh, don't mind me -- my melon head just starts clicking when someone mentions one of the most important reasons for me to have a garden. It can't be the only one because I gardened about 30 years before I had any success with melons at'all.

Steve

Latest posts