Baymule’s Farm

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
The triplet babies are doing well. Momma ewe does not have milk and the babies have quickly learned that I have milk. I have to coax the little ewe lamb, but she is learning. I think leaving momma with them will be good, she can comfort and keep them, I can feed them. They have taken all the colostrum and I fed them twice yesterday evening on my mixed formula. There’s a glimmer of daylight, gotta get out there and feed them. Going to visit my sister today, so will get 2-3 small feedings in them before I leave.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Son and I left Friday morning for Corpus Christi, a 6 hour drive, to see oldest granddaughter graduate high school. She is 16, and graduated with 36 college credits. She will take summer classes and gain 4 more credits, start college in the fall.

IMG_6671.jpeg

We came back Saturday with a detour to look at a tractor. He didn’t buy it.

We took back roads coming and going, instead of going the direct route through Houston. Houston holiday traffic was a nightmare plus they had closed lanes for roadwork all over the place. On one road, there was a family selling sweet corn, $5 per bakers dozen. I bought 4 dozen and put it up as cream corn yesterday. I measured out 1 cup per bag and got 32 bags.

This morning I’ve got to run the ewe crew through the chute, have some wormy ones to treat. I have a few that are way over the top wormy, I credit the constant rain, heat and humid conditions coupled with them having lambs and one field. They have another field to graze, but prefer the bigger field. I see a fence charger and hot wire in my future so I can rotational grazing. One of these days I’ll get it all together.

News from my sister-I can have the free standing garage out back, FEMA doesn’t include it in the buy out. Sister still has a few things in it, and I’ll get the little girls next week, so tear down is at least 2-3 weeks out. She was so excited to tell me the good news! There is my barn materials!

It’s hot and muggy outside. I’m not excited or very motivated to go work sheep this morning. I’m tired, procrastinating, don’t want to, whine, piss and moan.LOL

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Son and I left Friday morning for Corpus Christi, a 6 hour drive, to see oldest granddaughter graduate high school. She is 16, and graduated with 36 college credits. She will take summer classes and gain 4 more credits, start college in the fall.

View attachment 66133

We came back Saturday with a detour to look at a tractor. He didn’t buy it.

We took back roads coming and going, instead of going the direct route through Houston. Houston holiday traffic was a nightmare plus they had closed lanes for roadwork all over the place. On one road, there was a family selling sweet corn, $5 per bakers dozen. I bought 4 dozen and put it up as cream corn yesterday. I measured out 1 cup per bag and got 32 bags.

This morning I’ve got to run the ewe crew through the chute, have some wormy ones to treat. I have a few that are way over the top wormy, I credit the constant rain, heat and humid conditions coupled with them having lambs and one field. They have another field to graze, but prefer the bigger field. I see a fence charger and hot wire in my future so I can rotational grazing. One of these days I’ll get it all together.

News from my sister-I can have the free standing garage out back, FEMA doesn’t include it in the buy out. Sister still has a few things in it, and I’ll get the little girls next week, so tear down is at least 2-3 weeks out. She was so excited to tell me the good news! There is my barn materials!

It’s hot and muggy outside. I’m not excited or very motivated to go work sheep this morning. I’m tired, procrastinating, don’t want to, whine, piss and moan.LOL
OMG your granddaughter is one smart cookie!
So glad the garage materials are yours. Will get your barn done sooner and less expense, a win-win.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay, she's young to be graduating from high school. She seems like a very mature young lady.

I said a couple prayers for you over that barn. Glad they were answered and now you have another project! As if you needed more things to do. But I know it's needed and came at the right price. What a blessing.

Mary

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay, she's young to be graduating from high school. She seems like a very mature young lady.

I said a couple prayers for you over that barn. Glad they were answered and now you have another project! As if you needed more things to do. But I know it's needed and came at the right price. What a blessing.

Mary
Thank you for the prayers! They worked! Hahaha, yeah, I needed more things to do. I’m thrilled!

My daughter started college at 16, graduated with a Bachelor’s at 19. Then she got 2 Master’s at 23. She just finished her doctorate. Marriage and children slowed her down. LOL

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Another exciting day yesterday at Bent Road Ranch!
Morning news said a storm was coming. So I left early for the feed store, 1 hour away. By the time I got there, got loaded and filled up the fuel tank and got back home, it was 10:00. I fed screaming bottle babies and fixed myself some breakfast. Unloaded feed, 20 bags, I put mine in metal trash cans to keep mice out. Also got 10 bags for neighbor Chase. It was getting dark, wind blowing and sprinkling. I put Chase’s 10 bags in the storage building with doors that doesn’t leak.

The storm hit with winds up to 75 MPH. Friends were in Crockett and said it got so dark, the streetlights came on. Power went off at 12:30 and didn’t come back on until 12:36 this morning. Trees are down all over the place.

I had not one, but two trees fall across the driveway! Hit both fences. Neighbors came over to cut and clear the mess. Bennett and Peggy came, other neighbors stopped to help. Allen Ray and Punkin stopped and Allen Ray pulled up T-posts, I cut the fence and he rolled the fence back. Chase rolled up on his tractor, Mikey stopped to help. Chainsaws going, Bennett pushed the tree mess out in the field. I had closed up sheep and dogs in the night pens, so they couldn’t crawl through the branches and over the mashed fence.

It took hours, but we got it done. Patched cut in fence, it will need replacing, but is ok for now. The trees hit both H braces on the other side of the driveway and broke the center post loose. I’ll have to get new posts and put them in.

A friend in Livingston finally got power back on at 5:30 this evening. Half of Conroe is still without power. It was a fast moving thunderstorm with winds that gusted up to 80 MPH. With all the rains we’ve had, the ground is soft and trees uprooted and fell over. The winds blew trees down, it rained horizontally.

IMG_6683.jpeg

IMG_6680.jpeg

IMG_6681.jpeg

IMG_6682.jpeg

IMG_6684.jpeg

IMG_6686.jpeg

IMG_6687.jpeg

IMG_6688.jpeg

IMG_6689.jpeg

Latest posts