Baymule's 2015 Garden From Raw Land

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Two Stihls here. Husquevarna's good too, I have a H backpack blower that is very dependable.

Nice chainsaw I want one, but refuse to pay their price, for as little as I use one.

Before I got my Stihl gas chainsaw I had a small electric Remington chainsaw. For a cheapy chainsaw it worked great. I ran the hide off that thing, clearing trees here as far as the extension cord would allow.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bought a husqvarna 18". Wish I would have bought the Stihl.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
Husqvarna here too. plus a 16" electric Remington. and an ancient McCullouch that was found in the basement that states it is 'the world's lightest chainsaw' but i'm sure that may have been true for it over 40 years ago-it has a metal body!

i am so envious of all those tractors. i'd love to have one for the 1 acre to help with the chores and mowing the lawn. i have so many projects i'd love to use it for!

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Baymule may have trouble finding a picture right now ...

Here's her tractor:
tractor-jpg.3895

Bay' may have a new tractor, and that's real exciting for TEG, but I have a new smart phone.

Now that I've used the tablet to do the heavy work, I'll come back with the droid and see what it looks like ...

;) Steve

Ya know...towing the tractor behind the motor home is probably not the most efficient way to move it...just sayin' ;)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am babysitting our precious 7 week old grand daughter today. I brought my computer so I could actually SEE ya'lls pics and so I could POST some too! Here goes!

This is the garden area shortly after we closed on the property. This was taken 10-3- 2014 The yellow flower weeds went on to grow over 5 feet tall!

Garden 10-3-2014.jpg

This pic was taken 10-26-2014, right after we bought our tractor.
Garden 10-26-2014.jpg

After several weeks of work, tractoring, hand pulling roots, burn piles and sore muscles, we finally have a plant-ready garden!

Garden 3-25-15.jpg

Garden 50'x70'.jpg

The garden is 50'x70' and I have started planting it. It won't take long to fill it up! In the third picture, the strip of brush in the background has been cleaned up now. We zigzagged between sassafras and wild persimmons. We will plant rambling vines in that area this year. Watermelons, winter squash and so on.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Look at all that growing space you have! :woot

You started out talking about the grandbaby. We'll need pics of the cuteness as well. :)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
BRIARS!!!!!! AARGH!!!!!!
It seems every square inch of this place has greenbriars in it. Here is a pic of just one tangle that is over 9 feet tall. There is no way to get through that except for a bush hog or machete. This is what we are dealing with!

Briar tangle.jpg

Out of the garden area, we dug up huge briar roots and masses of fist size bulbs they form underground. This was just one bulb.

Briar bulbs.jpg

Here is a picture of briar roots and bulbs in the burn pile. We did this twice! The garden is only 50'x70'........and we have 8 acres!
Now that I am starting to plant the garden, I am digging up MORE!

Briar burn pile.jpg

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow, look how high up the tree that mess goes! I will stick with my honeysuckle and multiflora and not complain. :duc

Latest posts