Baymule's 2017 Garden Thread

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
So I got busy, kept grand daughters over the weekend, age 9 years, 2 years and 8 months. 9 year old brought a friend and we watched neighbors 3 year old boy Saturday night. Was busy all day Monday too. Went to the garden today.......

IMG_1695.JPG

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nice haul. But you are going to need to tell me what the vegetable at the bottom of the photo is....
You are WAY ahead of us. Just put the squash and zucchini seeds in the ground Sunday!

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
So I got busy, kept grand daughters over the weekend, age 9 years, 2 years and 8 months. 9 year old brought a friend and we watched neighbors 3 year old boy Saturday night. Was busy all day Monday too. Went to the garden today.......

View attachment 19906
ooooo man. I must remember the snakes when I get jealous of your garden.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Carol Dee The bottom row is Lebanese White Marrow squash. I am going to slice them long ways, thin, on my mandolin slicer, blanch, and dehydrate them. I will use them for lasagna noodles. You could do the same thing with zucchini. I tried it with fresh Lebanese squash a few years ago, but the lasagna was watery. My reasoning is that the tomato sauce will rehydrate the squash and there won't be a pond on my plate.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Carol Dee The bottom row is Lebanese White Marrow squash. I am going to slice them long ways, thin, on my mandolin slicer, blanch, and dehydrate them. I will use them for lasagna noodles. You could do the same thing with zucchini. I tried it with fresh Lebanese squash a few years ago, but the lasagna was watery. My reasoning is that the tomato sauce will rehydrate the squash and there won't be a pond on my plate.
Sounds good, may try it too with the zucchini.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is the Lebanese White Marrow squash, peeled, sliced thin and it's in the dehydrator now. Blanching it didn't happen. We ran 200' of horse wire today, built H braces, drove T-posts and we're exhausted.

IMG_1708.JPG

This is my Sleeping Lady tomatoes. They are a patio type.

IMG_1697.JPG

Cherokee Purple tomatoes. They aren't ripe yet but they will be soon. @seedcorn :plbb

IMG_1698.JPG

Mustard greens, they are starting to bolt, so I have to get them picked!

IMG_1703.JPG

Latest posts