seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
What variety of mustard is it?

Purple tomatoes don't interest me at all.....:frow

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay, your garden is beautiful and really producing!!! You are WAY ahead of me, of course, and your chips are lookin' good. Your tomatoes especially look incredibly healthy. :woot

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank ya'll. But remember, when your gardens start producing, mine will be baked to a crisp. I have to start early! I planted squash seeds the first of March! That way, I get ahead of the squash bugs. I planted beans in April. I set out tomatoes in April that I had started in the house.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
All your produce and garden pictures are making me anxious for ours to get going up here. our tomatoes got a little frost burn on Monday night hope they can rebound.

HomesteaderWife

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The corn is looking so good and healthy! It gets so tall later on that it will blow your mind- I couldn't believe our average stalks were 12ft high! Take lots of photos as it grows for sure- it's still hard to find info on this variety, so the more photos there are, I think it will benefit folks in the future who want to learn more about it.
:thumbsup

Last edited:

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
As I noted in another thread my gardening this year consists mainly of getting my garden back under control. I didn't feel right using all that water in our four year drought so the drought resistant weeds ran amok. Perrenial morning glory , tickseed and Bermuda turned into a jungle this year when we finally got a rainy season again. I only have a few plants; Ace tomatos, jalapeno, Fresno and Anahein chilis and some acorn squash. Our mailman keeps me supplied with junk mail that I use along with flattened cardboard boxes to smother out weeds. When I weedeat a section I pile it on a concrete slab till they are thoroughly dry and then top the newspaper with them then top that with as much rabbit manure as I can. Fortunately I have plenty of that. Perrenial morning glory is related to sweet potatos and my rabbits do a good job turning it into fertilizer for me. The trouble is it spreads like wildfire and is a real tanglefoot. I'm always tripping over it. The few plants I have in are doing great. Ace is listed as determinate but I have always found it to be semi-determinate. I let it have three or four strong stems and stake each stem individually. If I grow indeterminate tomatos they always get away from me and there is a lot of waste from tomatos touching the ground and spoiling.

Latest posts