Baymule's 2017 Garden Thread

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I just love your garden.
That mustard is such a pretty plant.
Red mustard is even more spectacular and really huge. Now that our drought is over (cross your fingers) I'll plant some again in the Fall. I have some saved seeds but they are four years old so I may have to reorder a new start.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Honey boat delicate squash. Stupid auto correct-not delicate! Delicata!

IMG_1747.JPG

First cucumber! We ate it tonight in a salad.

IMG_1748.JPG

I pulled my onions, mostly small to medium, but they all taste good!

IMG_1749.JPG

Last edited:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
My husband and I picked wild plums in the fence rows around here. They are the size of a cherry. I cooked down 2 gallons of juice and made jelly.

DH wanted peaches real bad, so we got a half bushel. I canned some in slices. I canned jam and jelly. I boiled the skins and got a beautiful red color.

IMG_1752.JPG

IMG_1753.JPG

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
My husband and I picked wild plums in the fence rows around here. They are the size of a cherry. I cooked down 2 gallons of juice and made jelly.

DH wanted peaches real bad, so we got a half bushel. I canned some in slices. I canned jam and jelly. I boiled the skins and got a beautiful red color.

View attachment 20107

View attachment 20108
I am still in cool spring. It's like you are from a different planet..

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Bay who doesn't admire those beautiful jars of sweetness? I know it warms the cockles of my heart :love to be able to bless my family with my home canned eats. It's hot, sticky, messy work but I love every minutes knowing it will be there whether we have money in our pockets or not. Also the Wildbunch has stopped asking me to buy grape jelly. Really no comparison to home canned in taste.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am still in cool spring. It's like you are from a different planet..
I plant my squash the first of March. I get a good harvest before the squash bugs show up.......they're HEEEERRRREEE! :he

When your summer finally shows up, mine will be in full swing with 100 degrees--it will sure feel like another planet! :lol:

Latest posts