Bear Accident

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
MAN KILLS GRIZZLY WITH HANDS AND TEETH

hero_mankillsgrizzlystoryheader.jpg

journal-lead-letter-i.jpg
f you've seen The Edge (and if you haven't, add it to your queue), you'll recall the scene where Anthony Hopkins outsmarts a grizzly, using the animal's weight to impale itself. A spectacular scene in its own-right, but when compared to the exploits of C. Dale Petersen, one that seems downright pedestrian.

According to a commemorative plaque in a Jackson Hole, Wyoming lodge, Petersen, an experienced hunter and hunting guide and badass writ-large, killed an aggressive grizzly bear in the wild using only his hands and teeth. Teeth?!? More below..

750_line_break_retina.jpg

Rocky Mountain Grizzly Bear
Jackson Hole, Wyoming
This bear was taken by world famous hunter and hunting guide C. Dale Petersen of Jackson Hole, Wyoming. It is one of only two grizzlies known to have been killed "without" the use of modern weaponry. Verified by game biologists, Mr. Petersen killed this bear with his hands, and oddly enough, his teeth. It is known that this bear had been aggravated by a group of backpackers, shortly thereafter, Petersen, unaware of previous happenings, came upon the bear. A fight-to-the-death ensued. Petersen, having his right hand and arm wedged in the bear's throat, actually used his own teeth and jaws to pinch off the bear's jugular vein. When the bear passed-out from the lack blood flow to the brain, Petersen beat the bear in the head with a stick.

s://huckberry.com/journal/posts/man-kills-grizzly-with-hands-and-teeth

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
We were in Canada a few weeks ago on an excursion, and learned about black and brown bears. We actually saw a black bear eating daisies along the road side (until a van of jerks came up, jumped out and started snapping pics, which scared the bear away). It was actually soft brown in color. Black bears come in many colors and they tend to be vegetarians. Brown bears like meat and plants.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Ya, they like berries and fish and squirrel and if and when they decide the will eat you! I use to think them full size Winney the Poo,
but not so much any more.
There use to, years ago when I was building the Mountain Place, a cinnamon brown, that he and I use to scare heck out of each other each time we met.

Bear eat the same things you and I eat. I like berries and..,,,~

Latest posts