Becoming A Pyomaniac

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I use all kinds of off the wall stuff for wrapping paper. My husband used to be horrified, but he got used to it. Sometimes the recipients are a little less than impressed, but I don't care. When is the last time you saw anyone frame wrapping paper and hang it on the wall?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I use all kinds of off the wall stuff for wrapping paper. My husband used to be horrified, but he got used to it. Sometimes the recipients are a little less than impressed, but I don't care. When is the last time you saw anyone frame wrapping paper and hang it on the wall?

Mom used to wrap our birthday gifts in the Sunday comics. I saved them when we used to get the paper and still have a few sheets left. The comic section is a lot smaller than it used to be and not as funny, but still works to cover a gift.
I have also used fabric as gift wrap if the recipient is a sewer.
My husband is real creative in the wrapping dept. I can always tell my gift under the tree (the only one he's responsible to wrap)
because it's the only one in a brown paper grocery bag. :rolleyes: He is so casual about it he doesn't even label who it's for, haha.

Last edited:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
When my kids were little, I wrapped all the Christmas presents in white butcher paper. Then I let them paint them. We had stencils and I cut sponges in shapes. I poured paint into bowls and let 'em have at it. Then I tied ribbon around the presents and did the curly-cue thing with scissors blade.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
When my kids were little, I wrapped all the Christmas presents in white butcher paper. Then I let them paint them. We had stencils and I cut sponges in shapes. I poured paint into bowls and let 'em have at it. Then I tied ribbon around the presents and did the curly-cue thing with scissors blade.

Me too! But we used brown shipping paper and potato stamps that the kids cut into Christmas tree shapes. We tied them with jute and glued little birch cones on the end of the bow strings.
I wonder if my kids remember that fondly or just as one of moms weird phases... :lol:

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
It really drives me crazy when I go to wrap a gift and there no gift wrap. The closes store hallmark gift wrap is $6 for 2 sheets.:he:he:he:he when I find a wrapping paper I like at Dollar store I will buy like 10 rolls.

Latest posts