Blueberry bushes?

gaelle

Sprout
Reaction score
I am new to this site and love all the great exchange of information. I have a friend who has 9 blueberry bushes that she wants to get rid of... go figure! I live in Shasta County in Northern California, zone 8-9. I am wondering when I can move these bushes to my place about two miles south. I have prepared the area, but don't want to shock or harm them. We both have very good soil although mine may be slightly more acidic due to some oak trees. Do you have any advice for me? It is only in the high 90's right now, but can quickly reach the 100+ mark at anytime and in July and August it can hit 110+ on up to 118. Thank you in advance for your help.

lupinfarm

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
they take time, much like fruit trees...

We bought $7 ones from home depot, potted and they had rooted, infact the blueberries had great roots but they were tiny (maybe a foot to 2ft tall). unfortunately, thats the only thing we can get around here and the cost of travelling to buy them elsewhere is not worth it, and like pat said.. determining what is a good deal vs. a common ripoff is difficult.

cherokeechicken

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
who needs blueberry bushes? we bought a place here in alabama this year and there was a fruit orchard already here. we have 15 blueberry bushes . i have already taken about 20 cuttings and have them potted up letting them grow till next spring. I am willing to part with some of them next spring.

dipence71

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
cherokeechicken said:
who needs blueberry bushes? we bought a place here in alabama this year and there was a fruit orchard already here. we have 15 blueberry bushes . i have already taken about 20 cuttings and have them potted up letting them grow till next spring. I am willing to part with some of them next spring.
Sign me up!!! let me know if you are willing to ship and if so how much to 62668.

GPN

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
cherokeechicken said:
I would like to be added to your list!! Please!!! I live about 2 hrs north of you I think. :D