Can You Leave Your House Without Money Or Phone ?

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I live in South Carolina....what is this thing?...computers?? :lol: I carry my DL everywhere I go...money....never cash. Phone?...I am always forgetting where I lay it down :lol:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Now a days police have computers in car. I get stopped all the time and not have licence on me. They look it up
Aren't you being fined for operating a vehicle while not carrying a license?

Is this only in NY where the police can be utilized in this way? I suppose it may be common to "run" checks on drivers stopped for one reason or another. But, does it mean that there is no requirement to carry a license? No fine imposed?

Steve

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
W/O my phone, if going to be gone a while, I have to go get it. Wallet, depends. Not so much as I carry some emergency $$ in truck. We have a day to exhibit drivers license.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Why shouldn't you be alive~ you were designed to live long```

i hatched many months too early. i weighed about 2&1/2lbs, incubator saved my life, which was sorta new technology back then, was very sick for some weeks until lungs caught up, but bronchitis, pneumonia had me below 2lbs before i kicked 'em. my lungs are still not the best. the doctors thought i was dead before i was born. lack of oxygen and complications from long labor. i was rather blue/black for a while before i pinked up. so, as far as i'm concerned, lucky to be here and glad to be but no real expectations about how much longer. would like another 20-30yrs. could go tomorrow and consider myself all good. it's been a good life. :)

p.s. they kept my incubator by the nurses station so they could kick it when they walked by. i had a habit of stopping breathing. they'd startle me back to breathing again.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I never carry a phone, nor do I want to...had a few jobs out in the field where they wanted us to carry one, but I never turned it on much. I can leave home without cash and never miss a beat, if I'm going somewhere I won't be needing it...visiting, driving someone else somewhere, etc.

It doesn't make me a bit nervous to not have either thing on me. Spent better than half of my life without money or a phone in my pocket, so having either one is still quite the novelty! :D

Life is an adventure....can't have too much adventure if you always play it safe. ;)

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I keep my license in the car all the time. . . I hate carrying a purse. I can leave home without cash. I have my credit card attached to my phone. If I'm going on a short trip, no phone is fine. . . no chance for money is okay too, but when I'm leaving for most of the day I will go back for my phone if I can. Usually put it in a pocket when dressing. Need to be available if the Grands need me.

Mostly the phone is there to hold the credit card and to be contacted by kids. I seldom use, answer, or check the phone other than look for flashing light that means one of them left a text for me. My family doesn't call each other, always text.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh yes, texting the phone call of the 2000’s.

My wife is one of those proud that her phone is not connected at her hip. Of course when she calls (or texts the kids) she gets bent out of shape if we don’t respond immediately. Meanwhile if she doesn’t want us, she leaves her phone OFF so no one can reach her. But that’s different....... I find that extremely disrespectful and self centered. She is same person that goes on self righteous rambles about technology and how it is ruining families. But let the internet get slow or lose satellite TV, she is mad as old wet hen.