cancer ... SAY WHAT ?

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
About 2 months ago, my wife had a mammograph. Two weeks later , her doctor called and said that there was a suspicious area and ordered x- rays and a cat- scan. Showed a very small growth. More tests, then more tests. Followed with apointments with x-ray and radiation physicians as well as cancer surgeons. 2 weeks ago, surgery to remove a tumor over an inch in diameter and lymph nodes near her arm pit to see if the cancer has spread. She is in severe pain so some prety powerful drugs were prescribed which makes her sleep for almost around the clock. Yesterday, we had an appointment with a Pathologist who said that the entire cancer was removed and the lymph nodes showed no spread to the cancer. She then received her first low dose of radiation therapy yesterday afternoon, then starting in 2 weeks ( to let swelling to go down ), daily ( 5 days .weelow dose of radiation treatment for a month. So now I am the chief cook and bottle washer as well as around the clock care giver since her PAIN doesn't even allow her to get out of bed to go to the bathroom or to her chair to watch TV for 15 minutes before she falls asleep again or eat by herself. She needs everyones' prayers to get through this now. Thank you one and all.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Will keep both of you in prayers.

Hope you are good cook-although imagine all food tastes the same to her.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh NO! This is horrible news followed by hope and good news! I pray that the pain diminishes, her recovery goes much more smoothly from now on, and that the Chief of the Abode hangs in there with love and hugs for his beloved.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bob, I will be praying for her. I'm glad that it was caught early and that it didn't spread to her lymph nodes. Stay strong, patient, and loving toward her. What she needs is you.

Mary

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Bob, my thoughts will be with you and your wife. THINK positive, it's always worse before it gets better.
The only reason I'm sharing this is that it might help others going through this dreadful disease. I was diagnosed with cancer in April 2013. It was a fast acting cancer and they had pretty much given up on me but my GP didn't. He formed a plan for me and after an operation and 5 months of chemo I beat that one. I could write a book about that experience, as I look back on it parts were actually hilarious.
I was diagnosed with another type of cancer in April this year, they thought I only had 3 or 4 months, hey I'm still here :). I opted for radiation had it 5 days in a row, had an MRI a couple of weeks later, the tumors had shrunk. Just had another MRI on the 1st, the tumors are still shrinking, set for another MRI Nov. 30. I'm off the steroid meds now and they have cut down the amount of seizure meds I'm on. There's no guarantees but I really believe one's mind set is more than half the battle.
:celebrate my hair is starting to grow back in, right now I have a comb over ;) hiding the once bald patch, my GP thought I'd done a great job of hiding it. I'm just now starting to get some of my mojo back, it's a wonder I don't have square eyes from the amount of time I've sat in front of my computer and TV this summer. No gardening for me this year only managed to get a couple of bean varieties in but we had the best cucumber crop ever those Divas really outdid themselves.

Bob sending you and your wife the biggest :hugsstay strong, but most of all stay positive no matter what you are told, so far it has worked for me. I have to admit I'm not a religious person, it's not so much that I don't believe there is a god, it's religion I have a problem with. I live my life as a person who treats others no matter what their religion, sexual orientation, color of skin or where in the world they come from as I want to be treated myself.

It's going to take awhile, slow and steady is the way it goes, lots of rest and most of all STAY POSITIVE.
Long winded again, but hey, you guys must be used to me by now:).

Annette

Latest posts