cancer ... SAY WHAT ?

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your encouragement. Just after my wife's surgery last year, our family doctor gave me a mile long list of groups that provide in home assistance. After calling just a small handfull of the "helpers ", I found out what their "helpfull hands " would cost ... we would be in serious financial difficulty within 26 days. Thanks, but NO THANKS ! I have been the chief cook and bottlewasher as well as personal caregiver for my wife for over a year now, so i will continue on with my duties to avoid backruptcy due to the caring hands of other providers for a price.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Stay Strong, stay positive and stay loving. That is all she needs. The words from the Dr. sound encouraging so hang in there. Hugs and prayers for BOTH of you.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
So sorry for you and your wife. I have many friends with it and they have been fine for many years. Sounds like she has a great prognosis. The survival rate is so good now. Great you are taking such good care of her. God bless and get well soon.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
My prayers and thoughts are with you and your wife. Please keep us updated. :)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bob, you know adversity all too well. You are one heck of a survivor, not only surviving, but thriving. Your wife is one special lady and she will make it through this. She has you for back up, you've handled things worse than this and you will do all you can to get her through this. She is blessed to have you in her corner. Both of you, together, will beat this.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am doing the care business for my wife around the clock as she is in almost constant pain at the surgery sites. She also feels cold all the time, very tired and sleeps a lot. She started the radiation therapy yesterday, so I have to drive to Portland, Ore. to the hospital there. I can drive on I 5 at 70 mph for 7 miles untill we get to within 3 miles of the bridge hthe Columbia River, then travel at the amazingly fast speed of less than 5 mph to our destination to the hospital. Total distance traveled is 19.6 miles but it takes over 1 1/2 hours for a one way trip. So 3 hours sitting in traffic per day every week day for the next month. :barnieThe progressive governor of Oregon now wants to put in toll booths at the Columbia River to pay for Oregon highway infrastructure. This is illegal to do so for her to do so on a Natioanl Freeway system but who cares for the National law. :he So we can then expect to sit and stew in our cars for how much longer if this comes to pass. :duc Last evening, our daughter called so we had quite a conversation with the playmates ( now 19 months old ). Daughter said that those two are starting to get into quite a few mischiefs. Such as, daughter started a load of baby clothes to dry in the dryer, shut the laundry door then left to prepare some juice bottles for their snacks. She then walked past the laundry room and saw that the door was open, the dryer not operating, but the dryer door was open and what does she see inside ... baby A sitting inside the dryer, totally undressed and trying to put on a different outfit and upon seeing her mom, flashed a HUGE smile.:):ep Then, after extracting baby A from the dryer, daughter carries baby A into the living room and what does she see, but baby B climbing the stair ledge on the outside of the stair railing from the stairs which are blocked off with a baby gate , and standing about 6 feet off the lr floor. Since there is a 6" ledge on the outside of the guard tail, baby B lays down on her stomach and slides down backwards to the lr floor. Mom goes :barnie but silently as she doesn't want to startle baby B who is giggling all the way down . :celebrate Mom puts down baby A who then goes and picks up a crumbled piece of paper off the lr floor , goes into the kitchen , opens up the baby proof door to the waiste basket under the kitchen sink, drops in the paper and closes the kitchen cabinet door :thHave to help mom with housework don't you know ! :weee Grandma had a good laugh ( first laugh in several weeks ) and told daughter "PAY BACK" !!! We raised 3 kids with antics like these and THEN SOME , so the playmates are continuing with the family tradition. :tongue Now , off for another joy ride down I 5 .... :caf

Latest posts