Canesisters 2018 Garden Thread - BTE/SBG hybrid??

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
we had frost last night (almost every night this past week). today forecast for 71F and tomorrow 81F. winter to summer too quick again... not much rain. will have to water some things soon. good day to be working outside. :)

no more frosts in the forecast this week. we'll see what happens next week...

chicken littles will clear it up for you for sure.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
5/6 Sunday
- early AM - all the up-potted sprouts moved outside under the table to harden off
- every one of the tomatoes have done exactly ZERO since coming out of the little sprouting cells into the solo cups - maybe a bit more heat and diffused sun will help
- planned to get the corn planted in the chicken run but had TWO flat tires - one on each truck... and then one of the spares was flat... Never got around to planting the corn...
- had taken the top off of the sprouting container that the pimentos were in.. they dried up and died in one day. o_O Meant to get a new set of seeds started... see the note about flat tires above.. :barnie

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@canesisters i sure understand, i start the day with a list of things i'm hoping to do, but by now i know better than to make any promises. i don't write it down though...

i hope the tire repairs or new tires hold up for many years now. :)

farmers are planting all around us now. tiz the season...

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Planted 16rows (6'long) of 4 types of corn in the chicken pen.. well, in the mini pen inside the chicken yard. Saw TONS of worms while digging rows. Hopefully, eventually, the garden will be just as rich, dark and worm filled as the chicken yard.

Also picked up a few large boxes and some more sawdust to start prepping the expansion for NEXT summer's garden :p
Why is it that planning is so much more fun that actually doing? :lol: Probably because during planning everything works out perfectly and the results are beautiful. :\

Reactions: pjn

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
that is like the idea of the hot fudge sundae is sometimes better than the eating of it, but to me that is just when i reach the end and it's all gone... :)

i have to do planning today for two projects. it's in my head already, but i have to write down a list of materials needed so we can get them picked up.

*waves hello to wormie friends*

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
LOL! I got totally carried away a couple of years ago and put up almost 100 jars of pickles... I'm not growing cucumbers for a couple more years

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not garden related but jotting down on here so I can find the date and link.

That sneaky broody that hid a nest hatched one chick yesterday..... and threw it out of HER nest, tearing it's leg so badly that I ended up having to put it down. :hit I wanted to set up the incubator and take the rest away, but it was very late by then. I'll set it up when I get home today, hopefully she won't do any more damage before then....

Also, got the bill from Select Sires (bull for Eva) yesterday. Seems that he didn't use the bull that he told me he was going to. :mad:
I looked up the 'replacement' bull first thing this AM and, from what I can understand about his stats, he still looks good.
http://www.selectsiresbeef.com/index.php/bull-database-view-page?bid=278&breed=Angus

Latest posts