Canesisters 2018 Garden Thread - BTE/SBG hybrid??

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Who knows. I suspect that she was just mad because all winter long, the truck being in the pasture meant a new round bale was being dropped off. She saw the truck.. she was NOT being let into the pasture... she was NOT happy about it - not one bit.
Every now and then her 'Jersey' side shows - they are FAMOUS for being opinionated about EVERYTHING and not a bit shy about letting the world know how they feel.
When I let her back into the field I was working in she galloped to where the waste piles had been, sniffed around a bit, came back over to me and stood there for a moment, then dropped her head and (literally) HOPPED up and down - all 4 feet! HOPPING - 2 or three times. Then tossed her head some, snotted a little and stomped off to graze.
.. such a diva
:love:love

i've never seen a cow HOP! a video of that whole day's events would have made a wonderful short movie. i've also never spent much time around a single cow long enough to get to know them as an individual. i also don't know much at all about character traits of cows in general. so all of this is interesting to me in many ways. besides being funny and sweet too. :)

p.s. Mom asks if she is really a cow. lol

Last edited:

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
LOL, well, she certainly LOOKS like a cow....
eva 9.2016.jpg

This was taken during her maternity photo shoot - see the pearls around her neck?? :gig
It took her about 2 mins to figure out that we were in the paddock to admire her - then it was one pose after another.

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
LOL, well, she certainly LOOKS like a cow....
View attachment 25509

This was taken during her maternity photo shoot - see the pearls around her neck?? :gig
It took her about 2 mins to figure out that we were in the paddock to admire her - then it was one pose after another.

i know that sort, we have our diva around here too, but not quite as much character...

p7110005_Delila_thm.jpg

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
View attachment 25004
I decided to jump on the 'garden thread' bandwagon in hopes that it will push me a bit to ACTUALLY GET SOMETHING PLANTED this summer.

Day one

Chance of flurries, no accumulation expected.
View attachment 25005
Ok... well, I've been saying that I can't start a garden till June anymore because of the weather's mood swings. March is still early, even for my area - so making plans instead.
I'm going to do another straw bale garden along with a small 'regular' garden.
Keeping it simple this year (I hope) and only growing things that I want to can.
The straw bale garden sounds interesting. Do you have troublewith mice or snakes taking up residence?

Latest posts