Canesister's 2019 farm journal

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Glad your trip went well Cane. And most of your animals behaved themselves :).
The video isn't working.

I'm not ready for summer to come to a close, but the light already has that fall feeling to it. Still waiting for the main surge of tomatoes.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've just finished reading about your adventures or misadventures! Boy did you have your hands full. Glad everything is over and hopefully your life will get back to normal.

I roast my tomatoes and then freeze them until I've had enough or have the time to make and can salsa. They come out perfect.

Mary

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks @ninnymary . I've been just rinsing and freezing them to can later. I made a batch of salsa to take to my aunt in Alabama. Several cousins showed up the first night and SCARFED IT UP!!! :D

Patty Cow is now officially up for sale. I haven't seen the driver who was interested in a beef cow since that day. :confused:
If I decide to do this again, I'm going to have to come up with a better plan.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not any contact info for him directly. I could contact the company that he was hauling for. I gave him all my contact info the last time I saw him... so I guess I'll just wait a while longer.
.. I did tell him the end of Aug :\

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not any contact info for him directly. I could contact the company that he was hauling for. I gave him all my contact info the last time I saw him... so I guess I'll just wait a while longer.

Since you know you want to sell, I'd try to make contact now. That may be just the boost he needs.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score

if there is a change in plans, go ahead and try to get the change of plans to him via his workplace, i think most people would appreciate that. :)

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
There are several ads online for Patty Cow - raise for beef or keep as a beef maker. Not much interest yet. Not the best time of year to do this. Oh well
My pickup died last week - just as she figured out that she can get out by going THROUGH the half empty round bale ring. :he Borrowed a friend with a pickup and got a bale to fill the ring - and shrunk the pen a little so that the ring isn't part of the perimeter. On my favorite cow forum, some folks take a calf just past weaning to slaughter because of these kinds of issues. Hardly worth the effort for MAYBE 100lbs of beef. Wonder if I can hobble her while at pasture... at least then she can't run from me when she gets out....

Always an interesting twist. haha

Latest posts