Catalogs, 2022

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
:lol: Yes, that would qualify as an act of desperation. I actually thought about cleaning & re-organizing the garage at one point... Winter saved me from that one.

i'm still in recovery from cleaning my room last weekend. there's a twelve step program (to where the chocolate is at)...

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Re: the mention of Asian seed companies. There appears to be a new U.S. Asian/Oriental seed supplier, "Asian Garden 2 Table". Someone posted a link to it on another forum. They profess to be licensed importers, have a very well-developed website, and have a wide selection (many of which I have not seen elsewhere). Brand new, so couldn't find any reviews to vouch for their reputability... but they use a Florida mailing address. I am thinking about sending a test order for some of their beans, to be followed by a larger order of their yardlong beans if that goes smoothly. @Pulsegleaner , as I recall you were interested in white yardlongs, you might find this interesting.
Asian Garden 2 Table
I ordered their white yard-longs (both of them) and they arrived today. One is white seeded (which is probably the one I already had) and one is brown seeded.

They threw in a free packet of "Long King" which LOOKS like it has an interesting seed coat pattern, black streaks on what is probably white (I can't actually TELL the base color, because those seeds were dusted with insecticide/fungicide, and are therefore currently hot pink.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
I ordered their white yard-longs (both of them) and they arrived today. One is white seeded (which is probably the one I already had) and one is brown seeded.

They threw in a free packet of "Long King" which LOOKS like it has an interesting seed coat pattern, black streaks on what is probably white (I can't actually TELL the base color, because those seeds were dusted with insecticide/fungicide, and are therefore currently hot pink.
:lol:I see what you mean. I ordered 5 of their yardlongs (including the white-seeded Vine Full #9, and Long King). To judge by what I can see of the seed coat colors, all 5 appear to be easily distinguishable - and 2 of them (including Long King) are bi-colored, which is a special focus of mine. I'm really looking forward to this year's trial. The order arrived quickly & the seeds all look healthy. Given that Mom & Pop seed companies often disappear without notice, I will probably order the remaining yardlongs (those that are still in stock) for a future trial... past experience has taught me the potential price of procrastination.

I'll be ordering more of their edible gourds for the same reason, and placing all of those seeds in the freezer for future trials. They sent me a free packet of one of their white luffas; but it is a hybrid, so I'll pass those seeds along to someone else. Hopefully an OP white luffa will appear eventually, just as OP white bitter melons are beginning to replace their hybrid forebears.

My only complaint would be the apparent dusting that you mentioned. Although I garden organically, it is not the seed treatment itself which bothers me. I actually find it reassuring that this imported seed is less likely to carry something which could contaminate the rest of my collection. It is the fact that the treatment is not mentioned (other than the passing reference to not pre-soak) and there is no attached precautionary statement.

That alone will not reduce my thus far favorable opinion of AG2T. To the contrary, their unique offerings, and their interesting online videos, have me looking forward to this year with great anticipation. @digitS' , you might find their wide selection of Asian greens equally interesting.

Last edited:

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
:lol:I see what you mean. I ordered 5 of their yardlongs (including the white-seeded Vine Full #9, and Long King). To judge by what I can see of the seed coat colors, all 5 appear to be easily distinguishable - and 2 of them (including Long King) are bi-colored, which is a special focus of mine. I'm really looking forward to this year's trial. The order arrived quickly & the seeds all look healthy. Given that Mom & Pop seed companies often disappear without notice, I will probably order the remaining yardlongs (those that are still in stock) for a future trial... past experience has taught me the potential price of procrastination.

I'll be ordering more of their edible gourds for the same reason, and placing all of those seeds in the freezer for future trials. They sent me a free packet of one of their white luffas; but it is a hybrid, so I'll pass those seeds along to someone else. Hopefully an OP white luffa will appear eventually, just as OP white bitter melons are beginning to replace their hybrid forebears.

My only complaint would be the apparent dusting that you mentioned. Although I garden organically, it is not the seed treatment itself which bothers me. I actually find it reassuring that this imported seed is less likely to carry something which could contaminate the rest of my collection. It is the fact that the treatment is not identified - and there is no attached precautionary statement.

That alone will not reduce my thus far favorable opinion of AG2T. To the contrary, their unique offerings, and their interesting online videos, have me looking forward to this year with great anticipation. @digitS' , you might find their wide selection of Asian greens equally interesting.
On the luffa thing: that's sort of what I am hoping as well; that I can de-hybridize the apple luffa and get an OP that retains the short, fat fruit shape (you'd think that there would have to already BE one to make the cross in the first place, but if there is, I have never seen it.)

Which other one is bi-color?

One thing I have found a little odd is that, given how many long beans I have gone through so far, I have yet to find EITHER of the two odd ones I found in Chinatown all those years ago, and subsequently lost. You'd think that, if it was common enough to sell in the markets, SOMEONE would have seed (then again each was only sold at one stand, so maybe both were secret family heirlooms.)

And a funny story. Because they always came dusted, for years I thought the seeds of Gmelina arborea (a tropical timber tree, and one of the weird actual TREES in the Lamiacae (mint family)) were NATURALLY purple!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
. @digitS' , you might find their wide selection of Asian greens equally interesting.
Wu Choy .... woah.

Did you read the "about?" Florida company distributing imported seeds.

(Do you suppose they accept PayPal?)

Steve

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I know they take credit cards, but I don't remember if they take Paypal (and there's no way into the payment system except making another order)

BTW, I just realized they are offering wing bean seeds as well! It's just that they are sort of hidden. They're the very bottom link in the list of products (the one that has no English as part of it.) There's a review of them as well, but it's in Chinese.

Latest posts