Catalogs, 2022

meadow

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
If you would like to look at a long-ago gardening catalog, perhaps to copy some artwork to hang in your garden shed (or, living room as I have ;)) you can find some here at the USDA National Agricultural Library LINK.
Nice find!! Internet Archive also has some historical gardening catalogues, if anyone is interested.

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well that price rang a bell... the Ebay listing may be BC's other catalog:
Whole Seed Catalog
Well that price rang a bell... the Ebay listing may be BC's other catalog:
Whole Seed Catalog
I broke down today and bought this catalog in a moment of boredom (because the dental hygienist would not let me accompany my son in for his appointment :mad: ) after perusing a magazine rack in a store across the street. I thought I paid 20 bucks last year, but maybe I'm remembering wrong because the price was 12.95.

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have a serious problem. I ordered "all" the seeds I would need about a month ago. Here was the conversation:
Me: I have ordered all the seeds I'll need for 2022 and I am not going to buy anymore.
Husband: uh huh
Me: no seriously, I'm going to be good!
Husband: smiles and shakes his head.
Me: just wait and see!

1 month later after browsing through 3 seed catalaogs....

Me: can I order more seeds?
Husband:" uh huh" smiles and shakes his head
Me: I tried! I waited a whole month!

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can sympathize. A few weeks ago, I ordered some tropical seeds from two companies in Europe (B&T and RarePalms). I did this despite the fact that 1. The months it will take for them to get here are going to drive me crazy. 2 the phyto certificates make them killingly expensive. and 3. I'm not even sure if most of them will actually GROW here (I THINK Carya cathayensis will grow here and the Adenanthera microsperma and Tylosema fassoglense can be grown indoors as houseplants, but the Juglans neotropica, well that may be hard.)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Screenshot_20220113-042943_kindlephoto-340231684.png

meadow

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Kitazawa has been turned over to True Leaf Market. 😢

I ordered my 2022 seed a couple of months ago, so missed the announcement until just now. I'm sure True Leaf Market will do a fine job... it just seems like the end of an era or something.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Kitazawa has been turned over to True Leaf Market. 😢

I ordered my 2022 seed a couple of months ago, so missed the announcement until just now. I'm sure True Leaf Market will do a fine job... it just seems like the end of an era or something.
I've placed a couple orders with True Leaf Market, and have thus far been impressed with their service. Provided Kitazawa's selection doesn't diminish, this change may not be a bad thing.

A lot of changes in the Asian seed market. It appears that the rumored merger of Kitazawa with AgroHaitai Canada fell through - and both companies took different paths. The good news is that AgriHaitai - which had not previously shipped seed to the U.S. - has found a way to do so. This opens up their extensive list of Asian vegetable varieties to those of us South of the Canadian border.
AgroHaitai seeds

The bad news is that another source of Asian & Oriental seeds - Evergreen Y.H. - has apparently gone under. :( Not really surprising, they had closed several times, and there were quite a few bad reviews. The last seed I had ordered from them had very poor germination... but they had a huge selection, much of which was not offered elsewhere.

meadow

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It appears that the rumored merger of Kitazawa with AgroHaitai Canada fell through
I wondered what had happened there. Kitazawa had the announcement on their website (about some Canadian company; I don't actually recall their name), but I didn't find any evidence on either site. Thanks for the heads-up!

Latest posts