CC's Fruits, Veggies & Food 2023

Crealcritter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Most people don't get past the 1st/3 verses
I memorized it two years ago working on my 5 tomato fences.
:love
She also has an angelic voice on this recording.

Grafting update - Growing. Glad I put these pots in kiddie pools easy to water, easy to drain.
IMG_20230421_150309862.jpg

IMG_20230421_150329175.jpg

Fedco Trees has a 20% off surplus week long sale. Not much left but I did order, Prunus persica ‘Lovell’ and Pyrus ‘OHxF97’ rootstock.

Lovell for peaches, that also works with apricots, nectarines, plums and almonds.

97 is for pears, It is resistant to fireblight and pear decline and is winter hardy.

At the end of each row I would like to do a rootstock stool bed. so I can grow my own root stocks

Here's a pretty good video on stool beds for root stocks.

Jesus is a Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

Crealcritter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I think this will be the last frost. Our average last frost date is April 21st. It's looking like we are very close to average, being April 23rd.
Screenshot_20230422-120214.png

I'll most likely start hardening off tomatoes and peppers next week, looking to a few overcast days to start hardening off, they need to be outside. Happy I waited, because doing the 7 flat indoor outdoor shuffle is something I would rather not do 😁

I still need to get onions set out, but the garden is too wet from the massive rain we got mid week.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Crealcritter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I was going to till in what is remaining of last year's lettuce and late germinating red romaine. Until I seen the price of $5.98 per plant at rural king:ep . That changed my mind pretty quickly 😂. How in the world do people justify paying $6.00 for a lettuce seedling? It still has to grow and be cared for - crazy talk!
IMG_20230422_123648267.jpg

IMG_20230419_184603470.jpg

We'll eat what's left, maybe transplant a few into this year's lettuce row. Needs cultivation and fence trow weed wacked, but to wet to get in there today.
IMG_20230422_123727231~2.jpg

I have lots to do today. My neighbor told me you never want to be done. That's for when they are throwing dirt over top your body 👍

Ephesians 5:15-17

Last edited:

Crealcritter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I've been watching meadowlarks this morning in the orchard, what a beautifully colored bird. Quail are also calling with their unmistakable "bob white" call.
IMG_20230424_092924350~3.jpg

I walked out the backdoor last night and frightened at least 1/2 a dozen rabbits 🙄.

Spring is here, Thank You, Almighty \o/

I find it very interesting... Birds have all they could ever want to eat and make a nest where every they deem fit. Yet here we are, laboring to feed and shelter ourselves. The Holy Bible has a lot to say about food and shelter.

Crealcritter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Purple martins arrived en mass today. I enjoy watching them fly and swoop the pond and pastures..

Also cardinals have discovered the cattle finishing feeding through. They really like flaked corn, the cattle drop on the ground by the feeder. I don't mind feeding them at all, I enjoy watching them.

I haven't seen any bluejays yet or barn sparrows yet. But I suspect they will arrive sooner rather than later.

I would say spring is most definitely here 😁

Latest posts