Chicken eggs are so amazing

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I had some homemade toast this morning.

Stirred up some melted Monterey Jack cheese with some mustard, sriracha sauce, smoked paprika teriyaki sauce, and milk. Heated again. Stir, stir, stir - poured it on the toast.

First time to have an Asian orientation for my rarebit. Wouldn't that have been good on sourdough?!

:) digitS'
That sounds yummy.
By the way I love my egg sunny side up... Can't you tempt your dw into trying this just once :)

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you Mary :) I'm keeping tabs on this post and will take it into the kitchen as I prepare.

I sort if forgive you for having that gorgeous kitchen now, but only sort of ;) :hugs
I'm sort of a neat freak. Can't stand my counters cluttered. That's why I also don't have any weeds in my garden. :p

Mary

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh no!

She also absolutely has to have meat well-done. Has this "thing" for protein, I guess.

Steve
I get that but honestly the sheer pleasure of that gooey orange yoke:drool

There's not so many pleasurable things in our lives in this miserable year 2020, my dripping egg yoke is a very good comfort for me.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
my dripping egg yoke is a very good comfort for me.
I know.

Do the British call them "hash browns?" I learned to make hash brown potatoes while still young. The egg set on the steaming hot potatoes when they have just the right crusty surface. Then, the yolk broken to slowly infiltrate the hash browns ... that's comfort food of the simplest nature.

Steve ;)

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
but so too are other eggs.

today while fixing my lunch i was peeling a couple hard boiled eggs and thinking about what that egg accomplishes in such a short time if it is fertilized correctly. from a few cells to a little chicken fuzzball of ravenous life.

then i squirted hot sauce on them and said thank you to Momma hen and enjoyed my lunch. :)
I have never tried other eggs. My husband would die if I gave him a duck egg. Not that I would ever tell him....

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I know.

Do the British call them "hash browns?" I learned to make hash brown potatoes while still young. The egg set on the steaming hot potatoes when they have just the right crusty surface. Then, the yolk broken to slowly infiltrate the hash browns ... that's comfort food of the simplest nature.

Steve ;)
Yes, we got the hash browns from America. The frozen is mainly used here, I really must learn to make them my self. I tried a long time ago but was unsuccessful because they all fell apart.

Mmm gooey eggs, hash browns and mushrooms :drool

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
One problem, @Marie2020 , is if the hash browns aren't anywhere close to falling apart - like a gooey mess.

Lazy, I just read through 3 webpages of recipes. For such a simple dish, I was surprised that there were differences and strong opinions on preparation. I went with the guy who not only makes it most like I do but went the extra mile, or 3, and showed how doing things differently made for unacceptable hash browns ;). This guy isn't lazy!

I also liked his Grinch quote on what may happens if it's done wrong: ""an appalling dump heap, overflowing with the most disgraceful assortment of deplorable rubbish imaginable, mangled up in tangled up knots". Ha Ha!

;)Steve
btw, if you want to confirm that this guy likes to do it right, click on his biscuit recipe :). i just make drop biscuits - this guy would run me out of the kitchen! nevertheless, his selected hash brown technique is really, quite simple.

Latest posts