Chicken eggs are so amazing

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I lived on both sides of Walnut Creek as a little kid and had aunts and uncles who were longtime area residents. @ninnymary lives nearby, these days. Dahlia, you now live in Washington State, is that right?

I don't have a sourdough recipe to share. We made a very simple white bread - it was what we thought of as "San Francisco sourdough bread." I have never known anything about pineapple in sourdough ... although I do make a very tasty Pineapple Cornbread ...

:) Steve
Thank you anyway! :)

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I would love to and thank you, but I live in WA now! Your bread looks amazing!
That bread looks perfect. :)

Putting the sourdough starter together is easy, its the keeping of it I have failed on.
At first I mixed double water to the wholemeal flour, now I'm using half water to the flour and it looks and smells good. A clever guy recommended I used a little pineapple juice this is what I used in this last mix.

@ninnymary would you please share the recipe of this beautiful loaf timing in included.

@Dahlia . Mary not only has the best kitchen in the world but it's looking as if she's baking the best bread to. Now I am envious :)

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
View attachment 37771
Many different companies, mine looks slightly different. Chickens Won't peck on the electric cord, neither will a dog or cat. A horse? Bad combination, esPECIALLY my QH Buster Brown, who chews on Everything.
Unless it gets down to colder than -5 degrees F, the water never freezes. You attach it to an outdoor extension cord, cover the connections with one of these, and you are good to go all winter.
View attachment 37772
Thanks ducks.
I'm going to have to sort out the outside electric one day, this lockdown is blocking anything like this from being a reality right now.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Marie, I have lots of recipes. The one I use for my husband and I has 30% whole wheat, and 5% rye. Most people like all bread flour. That's what my grandkids and a lot of people like. I'll give you both. Same method for both.

Sourdough Starter - I keep 15g in fridge. Night before I take out and feed with 15g flour (50/50 all purpose and whole wheat) and 15g water.

Next morning I feed with 45g flour and 45g water. When double in 4-6 hours I take 95-100g and put the rest back in fridge without feeding.

Thirty-five Percent Whole Grains Bread:

295g bread flour, 137g whole wheat, 23g rye flour, 340g warm water, 10g salt, and 97g starter. Mix all together and let sit for an hour.

Every 30 minutes do a set of stretch and folds for 2 hours.

Let sit 2 hours.

Pre shape, bench rest for 20 minutes, then final shape. Put into banneton and fridge overnight. The fridge develops flavor so if you want a more sour taste you can leave in their up to 3 days. I don't like sour taste so I only leave mine overnight or 12 hours or so.

Next morning or whenever you want bake at 475* covered for 20 minutes, then 15 minutes uncovered.

For All Bread Flour:

500g bread flour
350g water
9g salt

Good Luck,
Mary

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Dahlia picture doesn’t show the other half of the kitchen which is the eating area but currently set up as our classroom.
6F9CBFB8-C09C-4F0F-A590-66248DE3086D.jpeg

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Marie, I have lots of recipes. The one I use for my husband and I has 30% whole wheat, and 5% rye. Most people like all bread flour. That's what my grandkids and a lot of people like. I'll give you both. Same method for both.

Sourdough Starter - I keep 15g in fridge. Night before I take out and feed with 15g flour (50/50 all purpose and whole wheat) and 15g water.

Next morning I feed with 45g flour and 45g water. When double in 4-6 hours I take 95-100g and put the rest back in fridge without feeding.

Thirty-five Percent Whole Grains Bread:

295g bread flour, 137g whole wheat, 23g rye flour, 340g warm water, 10g salt, and 97g starter. Mix all together and let sit for an hour.

Every 30 minutes do a set of stretch and folds for 2 hours.

Let sit 2 hours.

Pre shape, bench rest for 20 minutes, then final shape. Put into banneton and fridge overnight. The fridge develops flavor so if you want a more sour taste you can leave in their up to 3 days. I don't like sour taste so I only leave mine overnight or 12 hours or so.

Next morning or whenever you want bake at 475* covered for 20 minutes, then 15 minutes uncovered.

For All Bread Flour:

500g bread flour
350g water
9g salt

Good Luck,
Mary
Thank you Mary :) I'm keeping tabs on this post and will take it into the kitchen as I prepare.

I sort if forgive you for having that gorgeous kitchen now, but only sort of ;) :hugs

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had some homemade toast this morning.

Stirred up some melted Monterey Jack cheese with some mustard, sriracha sauce, smoked paprika teriyaki sauce, and milk. Heated again. Stir, stir, stir - poured it on the toast.

First time to have an Asian orientation for my rarebit. Wouldn't that have been good on sourdough?!

:) digitS'

Latest posts