Chickens for bug control and food recycling.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I used to always get dizzy when I would stand up. I don't now but my 15 son does this now.

My grandson used to feel faint from about 15 to 19 yo. It had something to do with being thin qne putting pressure on a spot that caused dizziness once he changed position by standing up quickly. Not a serious problem and he grew out of the problem as he grew into his body.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yay!!!!! :woot Good for you!!! All of my prospective broodies decided it was much too hot to brood...but are also not laying now. :he Guess it's too hot to lay, too. :rolleyes:

Picked some romaine and pak choy out of the low tunnel this morning...this will be the first lettuce we've sampled out of there, though we've been using the pak choy and sugar peas in our salads. Now it's time to incorporate the lettuce and stop buying it from the store! :woot

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have one in the broody buster, due out Saturday, and another that looks like she is angling to go in. I already have all the chicks I need this year, no more hatches this year.

Mine have slowed some laying too, but I have several pullets that should fire up in another week or two.

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
the two in my sewing room love to peep I go in put my hand down they quiet right down
almost feathered in totally

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
A friend of mine lost all of his chickens to predation, so I put my broodies to work! (Was going to break them.) I have 4 setting now, but two are banties, so only 4 eggs a piece under them. 8 a piece under the other two, EE mixes.

They were sharing a nest in the coop, so I put them together in the broody pens, two to each pen as they were hatch mates and get along anyway. Do you think they'll cause any trouble when the chicks hatch though?

Had a dozen eggs under a fifth one, a big fluffy-butt BLR Wyandotte and after over a month of brooding and terrorizing everyone when I didn't have time to mess with her (while my dad was sick), THEN she decides she doesn't want to set anymore. o_O She's not long for the soup pot anyway, once DH will give me a hand with that.

The babies are due June 28th! :weee

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
A friend of mine lost all of his chickens to predation, so I put my broodies to work! (Was going to break them.) I have 4 setting now, but two are banties, so only 4 eggs a piece under them. 8 a piece under the other two, EE mixes.

They were sharing a nest in the coop, so I put them together in the broody pens, two to each pen as they were hatch mates and get along anyway. Do you think they'll cause any trouble when the chicks hatch though?

Had a dozen eggs under a fifth one, a big fluffy-butt BLR Wyandotte and after over a month of brooding and terrorizing everyone when I didn't have time to mess with her (while my dad was sick), THEN she decides she doesn't want to set anymore. o_O She's not long for the soup pot anyway, once DH will give me a hand with that.

The babies are due June 28th! :weee

Whenever I brood chickens together in the same pen whose biddies hatch on the same day or so, they often will start co-parenting the hatches....the babies get confused as to what mama to go to and the hens try to keep them together...keep calling to them to get them to come to them... and, finally, they seem to conclude the only solution is to do the job together.