Christmas 2023, what do you recommend that family give you for Christmas?

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
mee too! mee too! :)

except i just happened to have finished up a few thousand square feet of weeding - not too much left now 2 gardens and one of them is mostly done already from before so i just need to do a quick scrape and remove a few weeds and that one will be done. the other is about 100 square feet and it doesn't need much done to it at all. those two gardens and getting some ashes spread and i'm done for the season.
Go Flowerbug, yay you're almost done!

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here's a question. It might be thought of as a gardening tool if by March you are like me and venturing out pre-dawn to the greenhouse to check on heat to protect garden starts.

Rechargeable Flashlights. How long do they hold a charge.?

The reason that they have come to my attention is because a family, including a little boy about 4 and his dog, is visiting next door. The little guy showed up with a small flashlight in the backyard and set it on the birdbath. If it makes it to this afternoon, it will have been shining up at my garage roof for 2 days! Color me, impressed.

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here's a question. It might be thought of as a gardening tool if by March you are like me and venturing out pre-dawn to the greenhouse to check on heat to protect garden starts.

Rechargeable Flashlights. How long do they hold a charge.?

The reason that they have come to my attention is because a family, including a little boy about 4 and his dog, is visiting next door. The little guy showed up with a small flashlight in the backyard and set it on the birdbath. If it makes it to this afternoon, it will have been shining up at my garage roof for 2 days! Color me, impressed.

it would give you an excuse to stop over and say hello tomorrow. :)

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am not promoting this particular product,although this is the brand I have. But I have been looking at power pruners for a long time. It looks heavy, and are quite pricey. My husband brought it home one day and I love it. It is surprisingly not heavy at all, very ergo dynamic. It is quite safe to use. I will be using it for all of my late winter pruning. I make a giant wreath every year using pine boughs that I get in my woods. My husband was too sick to cut them with his chain saw so I used this to cut down the saplings and then prune the branches to size. It is the best tool that I have every bought. No sore and tired hands today. It was the fastest that I ever built my wreath.
Image.jpeg

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am not promoting this particular product,although this is the brand I have. But I have been looking at power pruners for a long time. It looks heavy, and are quite pricey. My husband brought it home one day and I love it. It is surprisingly not heavy at all, very ergo dynamic. It is quite safe to use. I will be using it for all of my late winter pruning. I make a giant wreath every year using pine boughs that I get in my woods. My husband was too sick to cut them with his chain saw so I used this to cut down the saplings and then prune the branches to size. It is the best tool that I have every bought. No sore and tired hands today. It was the fastest that I ever built my wreath.View attachment 62781

i love the idea, but i also know if i had something like that it would not be soon before you could call me Stubby.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
You can not accidentally just turn it on. It has a safety that makes it something you have to coordinate and think about.

coordinate is one of those words that i know more about in theory than actual practice... :) several years of Tai Chi helped a great deal on top of my Karate as a kid but i still have a certain level of discoordination that was installed at the factory and no amount of rust protection has really done away with that...

Latest posts