coffee maker is broken

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cane you are going to have to bring a thermos of coffee with you until the new coffee maker arrives. (Or send someone out on a coffee run a few times.)

I had planned to bring some with me... and then ran out of time (minor dog emergency/major carpet emergency).

I'm sorry @valley ranch - I've had some coffee now and am feeling a little more human.
If 'hangry' describes people who get mean when they're hungry... would 'cafangry' be someone who gets mean without caffeine????

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@canesisters I just had a thought! (Yeah I know that is odd!) But my Sister really likes the Folgers Coffee bags. She takes them camping for her morning addiction! You may want to pick up a box to have around for such emergencies!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve, are you drinking half-decaf because it gives you stomach pains/acid reflux problems? In my case, years ago my chiropractor suggested that it was the acid in the coffee, not the caffeine, that was causing my pain. He had me switch to "Kava" instant coffee. Full caffeine, but very low acid. I drank that for many years. Certainly not as satisfying as regular brewed coffee, but once you get used to it, it works just fine. And that gnawing pain in my gut left the premises. Kava is not sold everywhere, but the larger grocery stores still have it.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@valley ranch that fire looks so good! We are finally moving out of town, 160 miles to a doublewide on 8 acres and I have been trying to convince DH that we need a wood burning stove. DD says don't mobile homes burn really fast? Killed the idea....... :hit

No room to put one anyway...... :tongue

So maybe I'll just print a picture of yours to admire. :lol:

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
@valley ranch that fire looks so good! We are finally moving out of town, 160 miles to a doublewide on 8 acres and I have been trying to convince DH that we need a wood burning stove. DD says don't mobile homes burn really fast? Killed the idea....... :hit

No room to put one anyway...... :tongue

So maybe I'll just print a picture of yours to admire. :lol:

Oh hey Bay! They make zero clearance woodstoves for mobile homes.
If your pipes are installed correctly and cleaned regulalry I don't think it is any more dangerous than cooking on a gas stove.

In fact I bet I get more smoke out of my oven than the woodstove.
Dh used to say dinner was ready when the smoke alarm went off.
Dang ADD....

Edit---okay, maybe not zero clearance, but rated for mobile homes anyway. :)

Last edited:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh hey Bay! They make zero clearance woodstoves for mobile homes.
If your pipes are installed correctly and cleaned regulalry I don't think it is any more dangerous than cooking on a gas stove.

In fact I bet I get more smoke out of my oven than the woodstove.
Dh used to say dinner was ready when the smoke alarm went off.
Dang ADD....

Edit---okay, maybe not zero clearance, but rated for mobile homes anyway. :)

I have beat a smoke alarm to death before for going off while I was "cooking" stupid thing deserved to die......

We are downsizing by 1,000 feet. Have already sold some big chunks of furniture, will have to buy something that fits. Just don't know how it will all go together. I sure want a wood heater......8 acres...lots of woods.....down power lines in winter.....

Tell your DH...

WHEN IT'S SMOKING--IT'S COOKING!
WHEN IT'S BLACK--IT'S DONE!!!

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
sSig_rofl.gif
thCAXI9KZJ.jpg
rofl.gif

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have beat a smoke alarm to death before for going off while I was "cooking" stupid thing deserved to die......

We are downsizing by 1,000 feet. Have already sold some big chunks of furniture, will have to buy something that fits. Just don't know how it will all go together. I sure want a wood heater......8 acres...lots of woods.....down power lines in winter.....

Tell your DH...

WHEN IT'S SMOKING--IT'S COOKING!
WHEN IT'S BLACK--IT'S DONE!!!

:yuckyuck:lol::gig:yuckyuck:lol::yuckyuck:gig

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ha! I just remembered this, we had some good friends that when someone was coming for dinner, and would ask if they could bring something the husband would always say "Bring a fire extinguisher, Terrie's cooking!"

Latest posts