Coffee

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Drinking my coffee. I think there is a little left, gonna go get it. It was 43F outside when I got up and 66F in the house. I had windows open all day yesterday, closed them before dark, it was getting chilly in here. I sold the 3 stack chick brooder yesterday to a couple that drove 3 hours one way to get here. The wonders of the internet, post on a Facebook group and someone hours away buys it. Another big heavy chunk gone that I don't have to move!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well that Southern Appalachia video was fun. (While eating my second breakfast of Greek yogurt and a Honeycrisp apple ;)!)

Yes, it is important to record that history and language. The dialect is the only one in the US that is losing speakers, I've read. Integration into the larger community of American dialects is one reason.

My father's mother grew up in Texas but her parents were from Kentucky. Dad said that she made biscuits every morning and cornbread every night, in a wood stove.

Dad's father had a fair amount of Native American heritage. They were Cherokee from Eastern Tennessee and as near as I can figure out, were there before the people that were in that video .... Ha! You think that I had to figure hard to come up with that?! Well no, but what I mean is that the immediate ancestors had left that place by 1820. That was about 15 years before the Trail of Tears.

Some of the family went to what became Oklahoma, so they were there before it was "Indian Territory." Immediate ancestors seem to have gone to eastern Pennsylvania. The Quakers there had a history of protecting the Aboriginal people from expansionist violence. Those ancestors began a somewhat slower migration to Indian territory that took a few generations. My grandfather was born in western Arkansas and some of his family were in southern Illinois. It was all somewhat of a very messy time for them and the people there right through the 1800's.

Dad and his father kept the migration going from Oklahoma and New Mexico. If Mom had been more receptive to living in the North, Dad would have taken the route right into western Canada. And, I can still remember him talking about Australia in the 1960's ;).

Steve

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well that Southern Appalachia video was fun. (While eating my second breakfast of Greek yogurt and a Honeycrisp apple ;)!)

Yes, it is important to record that history and language. The dialect is the only one in the US that is losing speakers, I've read. Integration into the larger community of American dialects is one reason.

My father's mother grew up in Texas but her parents were from Kentucky. Dad said that she made biscuits every morning and cornbread every night, in a wood stove.

Dad's father had a fair amount of Native American heritage. They were Cherokee from Eastern Tennessee and as near as I can figure out, were there before the people that were in that video .... Ha! You think that I had to figure hard to come up with that?! Well no, but what I mean is that the immediate ancestors had left that place by 1820. That was about 15 years before the Trail of Tears.

Some of the family went to what became Oklahoma, so they were there before it was "Indian Territory." Immediate ancestors seem to have gone to eastern Pennsylvania. The Quakers there had a history of protecting the Aboriginal people from expansionist violence. Those ancestors began a somewhat slower migration to Indian territory that took a few generations. My grandfather was born in western Arkansas and some of his family were in southern Illinois. It was all somewhat of a very messy time for them and the people there right through the 1800's.

Dad and his father kept the migration going from Oklahoma and New Mexico. If Mom had been more receptive to living in the North, Dad would have taken the route right into western Canada. And, I can still remember him talking about Australia in the 1960's ;).

Steve
Thank you Steve.

I was really hooked into all that history I had never heard now your adding too this is just amazing for me. ❤️

It's so sad through the years all this interesting information is getting lost. Seeing how everyone got along back then makes me wonder how racism ever began.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good morning y'all. Coffee is ready. Eyes flew open at 2 AM. Couldn't go back to sleep. That means I'll ready for bed tonight and if I sit down for longer than 10 minutes today, I'll conk out for a nap.

I'll be waiting on a UPS truck today. The bunkbed I ordered will show up, time unknown.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you Steve.

I was really hooked into all that history I had never heard now your adding too this is just amazing for me. ❤️

It's so sad through the years all this interesting information is getting lost. Seeing how everyone got along back then makes me wonder how racism ever began.

as long as there are humans/animals there will always be in-group vs. out-group behaviors as i think it is just built-in to the fear reactions of familiar vs. strange. what is important is to be able to notice when your own reactions are based upon these kinds of reactions and to ask yourself if that is how you really want to behave. and even more importantly understand when others are trying to manipulate you by playing off those reactions.

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Finally getting some better sleep so haven’t been drinking coffee as much. I’ve started getting cravings though so I might have to find a good decaf. It’s finally cold here 39F this morning and I’m seriously considering getting some tea to try. Anyone have recommendations for a good tea for a beginning tea drinker. (Preferably one that’s fairly cheap)

Latest posts