Coffee

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I woke up all night long. Eyes flew open before 4 AM and I gave up and got up. Drinking my coffee, looking at the mess I made yesterday, cleaning out mess and de-cluttering. Going through boxes of stuff, sorting out trash and keep. Trying to get rid of stuff I don't want, don't want to haul around, don't want to move it. Anybody want a piano? Can't even give it to churches. they use keyboards. If I can't get rid of it, I'll leave it here when I move. Haha! Joke is on the new owner!!!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hate that when my mind won’t let me sleep. Amazing how good a cup of coffee is after a night like that. I am also having one of those AM’s.

The job of deciding of what to keep vs not, is always tough. Do not envy you in that job.

Enjoy your coffee.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I woke up all night long. Eyes flew open before 4 AM and I gave up and got up. Drinking my coffee, looking at the mess I made yesterday, cleaning out mess and de-cluttering. Going through boxes of stuff, sorting out trash and keep. Trying to get rid of stuff I don't want, don't want to haul around, don't want to move it. Anybody want a piano? Can't even give it to churches. they use keyboards. If I can't get rid of it, I'll leave it here when I move. Haha! Joke is on the new owner!!!

for years i owned a piano that was kept on the porch at a cousin's house. i never saw it, i never played it and eventually they found someone who wanted it. i just never had a place of my own where i could bring it. i think it was my great Grandma's piano. if it was Mom would have probably wanted to take it apart with an axe or burn it as she is like me in the dyslexia aspects. she's musical, but she absolutely cannot read music and she can barely spell. sometimes when she talks she'll just pick words that fit even if they're not the right ones. we get some good laughs out of that. :) no Mom it's not "Feast or Phantom."...

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
If you want to be SUPER pedantic, a tea made from anything except Camellia sinensis is properly called a tisane.

Yes, they're both H. sabdariffa (usually).
There is actually such a thing as white/green roselle. I have no idea what that tastes like. (I know the anthocyanins in red roselle are what is responsible for the health benefits, but whether it also is the base of the taste I do not know.)

There is also a type called Ecuadorian Black, which I imagine is SUPER strong in anthocyanins.

I'm not personally fond of roselle (it tastes like cranberries to me). In terms of herbal teas, I drink a lot of tulsi (holy basil) and Greek Shepherd's tea (ironwort).
I was just in communication with someone who offers the green one, and forget what I said about them being used for tea. the red one is used for tea, but the green one is apparently used as a soup green.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Going through more stuff today. Finally got a live body to talk to at social security. I have a phone appointment November 29 for someone to call me. After dealing with slaughter dates on pigs and a steer, booking dates up to 1 1/2 years out on animals I hadn't even purchased yet, this November date is a cake walk. That's only a month and a half.

I got a blackberry cobbler in the oven. Going to call neighbors to put the coffee pot on and take it over there.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i made it as far as a small breakfast and then i decided i wanted some hot chocolate and while i was at it i put some dried tart cherries in the bottom of that so i can eat them when it is finished. soften and plump them up a little bit... yes, it was just what the doctor ordered. :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
DW has been drinking hot chocolate now and then lately.

I'm tempted. Don't dare bend over her cup and smell the chocolate. If I need to be concerned about coffee upsetting my stomach - Swiss Miss with marshmallows is a real no-no! I bet it's all the sugar along with whatever is in the cocoa.

Finished my 2nd cup of oolong and earlier had a nice Bartlett pear with my hot cereal breakfast. Wondered how long ago that pear was picked ... oh well, the modern wonders of produce cold storage.

Steve