Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean

Aghhh. That's much better

20220705_131807.jpg

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
And you associate with backyard chickens!

Admittedly, I prefer waffles (always with eggs & some oil in the batter :)). It's the crustiness ;). The secret with "dough gobs" is to make them small! Or thin ... but I find dollar-size pancakes easier to handle - what do you need for plate size, two spatulas?

Waffles were once very common for my breakfast (from scratch). DW became bored with them, sorry to say. Thankfully, her interest in crepes was never strong - now, that's toooo egg dominant. Prefer an omelet.

;) Steve
I had eggs this morning with my homemade bread made with ancient wheat, sadly no sourdough but it's absolutely gorgeous 😍

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Electrician coming today to fix a few things around here. Got the back room addition torn down, the wire to the aerobic septic system was run through the rafters. It’s now laying on the concrete patio. Got to reset kitchen wall outlets. The wiring for the 2 wall ovens is stapled to the outside of the house. Not good. Electrician is going to install and wire vent a hood, but won’t vent it out the roof, so Chris will do that. Another step in the right direction. Also have 4 new window glass panes to replace broken windows.

Might close on new farm Friday or Tuesday!
This roof has made an incredible difference the rain actually runs of the roof instead of in the walls and under the floor

I found concrete has come away from the floor at the wall of my kitchen and lot of nasty flies are drawn to it. I'll pay for someone to damp course it and put some fresh concrete down. I can't be bothered with the fuss of the rental company anymore than I have to

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
And you associate with backyard chickens!

i like chickens and am interested in learning about them, but i've never kept chickens and i've never actually touched a live one or hatched eggs or anything like that.

Admittedly, I prefer waffles (always with eggs & some oil in the batter :)). It's the crustiness ;). The secret with "dough gobs" is to make them small! Or thin ... but I find dollar-size pancakes easier to handle - what do you need for plate size, two spatulas?

i used to make pan sized flapjacks because i had a perfect sized non-stick pan that worked very well for that. i had the recipe down exactly for how many i wanted to make but usually one was plenty as it was almost thick enough to just be called cornbread instead.

my current pancakes are small and i make about 16 each time so that we can have a few meals from them. we don't have them for breakfast (Mom doesn't like breakfast at all), but later in the day we'll have them for lunch or even supper.

Waffles were once very common for my breakfast (from scratch). DW became bored with them, sorry to say. Thankfully, her interest in crepes was never strong - now, that's toooo egg dominant. Prefer an omelet.

;) Steve

i like about anything, the more like a custard or pudding i like it even more. quiche is probably my least favorite (pie crust just isn't something i like much at all but i can eat it) version of eggs - i really don't like eggs browned. for some reason that has never appealed to me at all. angel wings are pretty good... :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sunny weather, windows are open, fans on, fresh morning air but everything closed up in a couple of hours. AC on by mid-afternoon and will be welcome relief when I come in from mowing the lawn.

Right now, it's laundry with me waiting for the next load to be hung out. And, waiting for my second breakfast :). Having a cup of my herbal tea concoction.

If DW hadn't wanted to try passionfruit leaf tea and it came in such a large package, I'd never been in this second cup ;). Then, she doesn't like it 🙄 . What? It just tastes like hay and fruit. But, I may have gone the wrong way with additions. Dried cranberry flavor is almost undetectable. Dried apricot, about the same. Good! But ... DD says that it would be a very good iced drink.

What additional flavor could match grass hay to add some complexity? Don't say mint. Sure, my toothpaste every day ... Sure, I like Peppermint Patties once in awhile. Hey, chocolate! Nah. I have and have had many varieties of mint in the yard. Like the fragrance of many, like the package of chamomile and spearmint well enough but need something else with this fruity hay ;).

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sunny weather, windows are open, fans on, fresh morning air but everything closed up in a couple of hours. AC on by mid-afternoon and will be welcome relief when I come in from mowing the lawn.

Right now, it's laundry with me waiting for the next load to be hung out. And, waiting for my second breakfast :). Having a cup of my herbal tea concoction.

If DW hadn't wanted to try passionfruit leaf tea and it came in such a large package, I'd never been in this second cup ;). Then, she doesn't like it 🙄 . What? It just tastes like hay and fruit. But, I may have gone the wrong way with additions. Dried cranberry flavor is almost undetectable. Dried apricot, about the same. Good! But ... DD says that it would be a very good iced drink.

What additional flavor could match grass hay to add some complexity? Don't say mint. Sure, my toothpaste every day ... Sure, I like Peppermint Patties once in awhile. Hey, chocolate! Nah. I have and have had many varieties of mint in the yard. Like the fragrance of many, like the package of chamomile and spearmint well enough but need something else with this fruity hay ;).

Steve

licorice or anything else along those lines. i do think mints would be ok too. or a little instant coffee... :)

Latest posts