Coffee

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Artichoke Lover , black teas have been a little strong for my tastes. Green, a little too weak. Keep in mind that I'm likely just buying those off the soopermarket shelves.

I'm surprised that this Golden Pak can easily reach a too-long-steeped level. I wonder what my Grandma "Goldie" would think of this oolong. (Maybe like @Pulsegleaner 's thoughts on Prince of Peace - first time I have seen PG use an emoticon in a post :).)

DW says that I make coffee too strong. Well, coffee should taste like nuts, imo :D! And, I avoid DW's pistachios ... Taste and Comfort. Affordability. Availability. Self-indulgence.

Steve
There ARE truly exceptional black teas out there, with rich, almost fruity flavors, but they tend to be rare (and usually pricey). THAT'S why I seek out those 1000 year old tree ones, they tend to have the flavor more often than the rank and file ones.

I also should warn there is some company (forgot which one) which offers their teas in a sort of middle area between loose and bagged; chopping it up but not bagging it so it can be run in a coffee maker. DON'T DO IT. Coffee filters get tea water too hot, and over hot water makes for bitter tea.

Actually, the greener a tea, the cooler the water you should use on it. For oolongs I usually just run the hot water in the sink or microwave the water a little.

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@Artichoke Lover , black teas have been a little strong for my tastes. Green, a little too weak. Keep in mind that I'm likely just buying those off the soopermarket shelves.

I'm surprised that this Golden Pak can easily reach a too-long-steeped level. I wonder what my Grandma "Goldie" would think of this oolong. (Maybe like @Pulsegleaner 's thoughts on Prince of Peace - first time I have seen PG use an emoticon in a post :).)

DW says that I make coffee too strong. Well, coffee should taste like nuts, imo :D! And, I avoid DW's pistachios ... Taste and Comfort. Affordability. Availability. Self-indulgence.

Steve
I definitely like strong coffee. Mom didn’t drink it and dad liked extra strong dark roast so that’s what I learned to drink. And having that as my baseline I actually like my coffee even stronger than he does I’ve yet to find coffee that tastes strong enough that I can’t drink it. Though I make a point of avoiding the ones with crazy amounts of caffeine since I don’t tolerate lots of caffeine well.
Also a little strange that I like hazelnuts but ..

. don't like the flavor in my coffee.

Thinking about chestnut tea ... hmm?

Steve
I love chocolate but can’t stand it in coffee. Except in those Starbucks drinks that have more sugar than coffee but I’m not sure that counts:gig

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
There ARE truly exceptional black teas out there, with rich, almost fruity flavors, but they tend to be rare (and usually pricey). THAT'S why I seek out those 1000 year old tree ones, they tend to have the flavor more often than the rank and file ones.

I also should warn there is some company (forgot which one) which offers their teas in a sort of middle area between loose and bagged; chopping it up but not bagging it so it can be run in a coffee maker. DON'T DO IT. Coffee filters get tea water too hot, and over hot water makes for bitter tea.

Actually, the greener a tea, the cooler the water you should use on it. For oolongs I usually just run the hot water in the sink or microwave the water a little.

one thing i like about the microwave is that it is consistent enough once i have it dialed in for specific cups and water temperatures that i know well enough how hot the water will be when it gets done (and i stir it).

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Top of the morning! Going for my second cup of coffee. I'm tired and haven't even got started on the day yet. Got a church group coming to help me load truck and trailer. Got a lot of heavy concrete blocks and pads, couple stacks of used tin, some lumber-things that I can use to build a sheep shelter and some of the blocks can go to block up the two 40' shipping containers my son has.

Finally scored a dishwasher that wasn't priced out of sight and neighbor is coming to put it in this afternoon. Can't sell a house with a broken dishwasher.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good morning.

It's 24° as the sun rises (-4C). And, I'm so sleepy 🙃.

Had a piece of Apple Pie for breakfast. Almost went for a thin slice of cheddar cheese to go with it but ... there was one ripe banana that had to be eaten or changed into banana bread. It's fruit ... probably ended up with more calories than if I had the cheese.

Two cups of tea isn't sparking any activity, altho I did run some clothes thru the drier. Folding warm clothes didn't help with the sleepiness.

Steve
Zzzzzzz

Edit:
Well, I hung a load of bath towels out on the clothes line ~ jolt! ~ I'm gittin there.

Last edited:

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready! I had a Dr appointment yesterday. I went for blood work last week, got results yesterday. I'm healthy as a horse, no issues, except for one very worn out knee that needs replacing. I already knew that. Dr said it is bone on bone, couldn't pass a credit card between them. He asked if I took anything for it (pain) No. He asked if I wanted anything, No. I told him that sometimes I take turmeric for it, it reduces inflammation. The other knee is arthritic, but not as bad. I think he was a little amazed that I wasn't strung out on pain pills. LOL

I quit my job when I was 56 to take care of my Mom after her stroke. There went the insurance! I could have signed up for Obamacare for $900 a month plus a $10,000 deductible, what good was THAT going to do? So I just stayed healthy. I've had Medicare over a year, so decided to go get a check up. I'm fine. I'll get knee fixed after I sell the farm and get moved, settled in and all that stuff. I'll find a farm sitter and come back to Tyler to the same doctor that did my husband's joint replacements, knee, shoulder and hip. Then I'll probably have to go to rehab, because there won't be anybody to take care of me after surgery. At least there I can get daily therapy and get up and on my feet, going again.
Bay, I will gladly go and take care of you. I'm serious just let me know. I'm even willing to sleep on the couch.

Mary

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay, I will gladly go and take care of you. I'm serious just let me know. I'm even willing to sleep on the couch.

Mary
I might take you up on that. I probably wouldn’t do well in a nursing home. Talking with a friend who just had knee replacement, in another state, they keep everyone in their rooms. They don’t even get to go to the dining area, meals are brought to the residents. The therapist brings a simple pedal contraption and that’s all. No going to therapy and using the machines there. What’s the point of eating that terrible food if she can’t even go to therapy?

Haha! When I get moved, I’ll have a queen mattress set in one room, twin/full bunk bed in the other and I’m keeping my bed for the other room. You won’t have to sleep on the couch!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Only loaded the concrete blocks and pads, and left a few still on the ground. We were watching the weight and didn't want to be even close to the weight limit. I have 140 miles to drive, and don't need any problems. I'll go next Saturday. Didn't get the dishwasher put in either, maybe today.

Latest posts