Coffee

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. A storm blew through last night. Houston news is making a big deal out of power outages and they found a tree snapped off by the wind and it fell in the street! Oh horrors! While those city people wait on the city crew to come clean it up, I can’t help but laugh. Out here in the country, trees get cleared off the road by whoever gets there first and it’s usually not the county. Good ‘ol boys with chainsaws jump on in there and do it themselves.

We have trash pick up by a private company that people make their own arrangements with. They have those nice big cans on wheels. No one on my road uses those services. My nephew has a trash dumpster in Apple Springs, about 9 miles away. I take my trash there.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Population density, public services, priorities of the powers that be ...

I was thinking this morning about David, a person that I was "associated with" for a few years, in a business sort of way. The last day of that involvement, David was having a very bad day. I was late to the party - our relationship had to do with his attempt to expand his business.

His angst was directed at another business associate, who I didn't get along with all that well either. Cutting off one's nose to spite the face? Perhaps, but David had a gamut of business undertakings.

I would see him in other settings over the next few years. He always appeared gruff, very goal oriented but in a very self-serving way. Unfortunately, David only lived about another 10 years and died in his 50's. Another 10 years and the wreckage of what he left behind is still THERE. Such a mess, and wreckage is probably a better word.

I feel sorry for his widow who packed her things and disappeared for more pleasant climes. And, for his daughter in law, who is a very nice lady but it looks like the family will be another decade trying to sort this out, at which point, they probably will not come out ahead. There is also the very strong likelihood that society in general will have to step in at whatever the cost that may be.

You know how the little guy can leave a mess but the ... shall we call them, "leaders of industry" can leave entire communities in a wreck.

Steve

Jane23

Garden Ornament
Reaction score

I was thinking this morning about David, a person that I was "associated with" for a few years, in a business sort of way. The last day of that involvement, David was having a very bad day. I was late to the party - our relationship had to do with his attempt to expand his business.

His angst was directed at another business associate, who I didn't get along with all that well either. Cutting off one's nose to spite the face? Perhaps, but David had a gamut of business undertakings.

I would see him in other settings over the next few years. He always appeared gruff, very goal oriented but in a very self-serving way. Unfortunately, David only lived about another 10 years and died in his 50's. Another 10 years and the wreckage of what he left behind is still THERE. Such a mess, and wreckage is probably a better word.

I feel sorry for his widow who packed her things and disappeared for more pleasant climes. And, for his daughter in law, who is a very nice lady but it looks like the family will be another decade trying to sort this out, at which point, they probably will not come out ahead. There is also the very strong likelihood that society in general will have to step in at whatever the cost that may be.

You know how the little guy can leave a mess but the ... shall we call them, "leaders of industry" can leave entire communities in a wreck.

Steve
I think it is best to leave people alone to do as I will. It doesn't matter who you are, as long as you treat each other respectfully and like people with their own motivation and goals. I moved to the middle of nowhere to escape the rules and restrictions that prevented me from working on my vehicle or making a bit of noise doing it.

I see the junk on random properties around me as a small price to pay to avoid having drug addicts following me down the road screaming with their hands up...excuse me *homeless*. True homeless get help.

I will help my husband clean up what I can as we go along. I will also appreciate every star I see and dirt road I drive down.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

Steve
These industries are running our world. Most that lead them are heartless buffoons imo

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I think it is best to leave people alone to do as I will. It doesn't matter who you are, as long as you treat each other respectfully and like people with their own motivation and goals.
The same here, except I always try to give a helping hand too those in need.
I moved to the middle of nowhere to escape the rules and restrictions that prevented me from working on my vehicle or making a bit of noise doing it.

I see the junk on random properties around me as a small price to pay to avoid having drug addicts following me down the road screaming with their hands up...excuse me *homeless*. True homeless get help.
The addicts are a nightmare and their problems reach over too others.

Sadly their addiction has been created and fed by the greed of the faceless others, who look seek out desperatation these fiends have created countless innocent victims
I will help my husband clean up what I can as we go along. I will also appreciate every star I see and dirt road I drive down.

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
And then, with the pandemic, the magazines vanished from the waiting rooms!

Good Morning. Oolong in the cup. Chopped Honeycrisp apple, raisins and brown sugar went in the bowl and microwaved first. Then, some of the leftover Maltomeal from the fridge - heat , stir in some almond milk ...

This is my very common Winter breakfast and has been so since I first had a microwave, maybe before. Hot cereal varies, apple variety varies. Gee, I can already see the bottom of the bowl!

;) Steve

Jane23

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Coffee in the cup. Waiting for the sun to come up and from there...

I may try failing an exam early or trying to figure out a "group project" for an online class. It's so much fun getting a new degree! They have reduced quality down to a middle school level and left us with the requirement of an overpriced degree for anyone to look at an application. Not worth it.

I start a new job on the 20th, so I just need to get to that point and hope not too much snow comes in. I work tomorrow, so that is something. I will throw some of my tomatoes into my lunch for the day and some zucchini as well.

Latest posts