Coffee

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've made raviolis several times before. They turned out just fine! Time consuming and DW isn't much of a fan.

i like them and will eat them if someone else makes them. no desire to make any of my own right now, but basically to me they are just a different kind of dumpling. i like dumplings of almost any kind that i've tried.

She wanted a "noodle maker" of some sort. I came across it on a shelf the other day. Been there I don't know how many years - Never Used Once.

we used to make egg noodles all the time when i was a kid. one of my earliest cooking with Mom memories are of rolling them out and cutting them into strips.

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Most of the noodles I would like to make are Asian ones. On one hand, this may be easier since shaping most of them requires much less complex equipment (no pasta maker needed, you just pull the dough, fold it over, pull it again and repeat.
It's trying to get that dough right that's the hard part. there's a lot less wiggle room in amounts to get the consistency right. And none of them use the same formulae as Western pasta (never try and stir fry spaghetti, it doesn't work, Asian noodles tend to be a lot stickier than western ones). And for every kind, you need a different kind of flour, be it tang (a kind of high gluten wheat flour) plain rice flour, glutinous rice flower, mung bean flour or whatever.
And the actual timing of the pulling takes a lot of learning as well (there's a reason why hand pulled noodles are so coveted, and noodle pulling is sort of treated as performance art).

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
i like them and will eat them if someone else makes them. no desire to make any of my own right now, but basically to me they are just a different kind of dumpling. i like dumplings of almost any kind that i've tried.

we used to make egg noodles all the time when i was a kid. one of my earliest cooking with Mom memories are of rolling them out and cutting them into strips.
My middle daughter has a noodle maker and we make egg noodles at her house sometimes. They are SO good! Her noodle maker does the flattening of the dough and also the cutting. We just made some last week to go with Shrimp Pesto Pasta! It even had homemade pesto! 😋

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We have a pasta noodle maker that has only been used a handful of times in 28 years--- but those were good times. Laughing and chatting with my Italian girlfriends as they made pasta dough from scratch on the kitchen counter resulted in delicious meals and great memories too. Now that's amore!

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Good Morning ALL! I have coffee for Y'All if you want it and it's HOT. I don't have any milk just French vanilla creamer and regular powdered creamer plus sugar.
@baymule Mon-Thurs I get up between 2:30-3:45AM so I can get coffee and FH lunch put together plus have a few minutes computer time before he has to be up to go to work and most of the time I stay up once he leaves even though it's still dark out.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning. Before 4AM is common for me to be up, @Country Homesteader . Finishing breakfast and look over at the end table where my oolong tea should be when you mentioned coffee and realized that I had left it steeping too long in the kitchen! Had to start another cup ...

Reading @Pulsegleaner comments on citrus in the Seed Saver's thread and thinking about bitterness to the long-steeping of the herbal tea that I started almost 2 hours ago. Can turn it off soon ... but, it's new-to-me over these recent months and I'm wondering if I'm avoiding the citrus bitterness by dehydrating the rind until it's crispy or overcoming it with the sweetness of the dried cranberries and the magic of licorice root. Just what is the sweetness of licorice, anyway?

Commonality ... I came along just about the time that supermarkets came on the scene with their more diverse offerings, although I can still remember when the first ones opened in my hometown of about 20,000 people. Before that, it was Mom & Pop stores. The nearest one, however, was a Mom & Son :).

Health food store? Yeah, we had one of those at a few miles distant. My Mom frequented that store. A little break this morning as I take this vitamin with my oolong, now that it has cooled ... Two hours steeping! On to a cup of the herbal :D

Steve
Good Morning!

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
After my 2 cups of coffee I have my morning drink
8 ozs warm water
1 1/2 TBS Apple Cider Vinegar with the "Mother"
good amount of honey (about 1 1/2 TBS)
juice from 1/4-1/2 lemon
2 good shakes ORGANIC Cinnamon
2 good shakes ORGANIC Ginger
Stir and drink up
then I go on to water or Lipton Tea then back to water then at night I have a medium glass of soda with my dinner then just before I go to bed I have some more water

Latest posts