Coffee

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I feel a big repair bill coming.
Hahaha, my daughter is so clueless. She thinks instead of spending money on this truck, I should just go buy another one! Laugh! Guffaw! Bray like a donkey! Haha
Aren’t most? Had to explain to son when you buy a new car, you lose equity the moment you sign the agreement to buy. Plus tags are more expensive as well as insurance. It’s not the one time cost of buying. Don’t get me started on repair (if you can repair them) vs the bill on an older vehicle. Too many love the smell of new-they can buy that smell and spray it in an older vehicle. I usually buy new when rebates are out. Between that and GM card, several thousands cheaper than newest model or buying a used vehicle with less than 30,000 miles on it. Then we keep them serviced and run the wheels off of them-driving an ‘04 now.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
My F250 diesel Lariat is an ‘04. Yes, it has been in the shop over the years. But WAAAAAY cheaper than a new one. The repair shop I use is run by a very honest man, just darn good people. In total agreement with run the wheels off. Truck has 140,000 miles on it, that’s nothing for a diesel. I’ll keep it, thank you very much!

I also have a 2008 Buick Lucerne. If one don’t run, the other one does…… most of the time.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
If you have some coffee and no coffee maker you can improvise with a pot of boiling water and a fine tea strainer or a coffee filter. Heck I’ve used good quality paper towels as a strainer before.

Just boil the water move the pot off the eye. Add coffee and let it sit for about 3 min and then strain the grounds out. All depends on how desperate you are lol.
Camp coffee over a fire! Yup, can make it on a stove top too. Toss in a chunk of ice and it settles the grounds. But at the house I’m moving to, the propane tank is not hooked up, so no burner. I’ll have to get another coffee pot.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
My F250 diesel Lariat is an ‘04. Yes, it has been in the shop over the years. But WAAAAAY cheaper than a new one. The repair shop I use is run by a very honest man, just darn good people. In total agreement with run the wheels off. Truck has 140,000 miles on it, that’s nothing for a diesel. I’ll keep it, thank you very much!

I also have a 2008 Buick Lucerne. If one don’t run, the other one does…… most of the time.
A new F250 diesel is around $90,000......you can do quite a bit of maintenance on your ‘04 for that. ‘08 have the 3800? That engine good for 200K+ before touching engine,

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready! I finally unloaded the dishwasher this morning. BJs OCD stated that I didn’t load/unload it correctly. Huh? Ok so I abdicated my dishwasher throne and let him have at it. The residual effects of that are that I fill both sinks with dirty dishes and run out of coffee mugs before I break down and unload/reload the dishwasher. I see the solution to this problem. I NEED MORE COFFEE MUGS.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
A new F250 diesel is around $90,000......you can do quite a bit of maintenance on your ‘04 for that. ‘08 have the 3800? That engine good for 200K+ before touching engine,
I’ll drive them both until they are graveyard dead. What’s the 3800 and how do I check? The Buick was my mom’s. She told me to put it in my name when she moved in with us after her stroke. I waffled around on that, 4 years later I finally did and she passed away a week later. I just didn’t want to take it away from her.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Under a full moon, Good Morning!

Parents ... Offspring ... I was up well before 3, ugh. Awake from a bad dream. Could put this in @Marie2020 's dream thread but you opened the door to the elderly parents and relationships, @baymule .

In real life, I was at the doctor's office, yesterday. Mostly, a medicine checkup. One of the results was, "why are you taking this medicine?" I didn't prescribe it, thought that I'd better take it. "Well, stop it and see how it goes." Oh, okay. That and some fairly good news on tests so I'm feeling pretty good through the afternoon. Go to bed and have a "bad" dream about Dad.

I often dream about Dad since he passed away, usual it is just that we are together, doing something. This dream, he was impatient with me. "You are only as old as you feel." He says. "We are both in our 70's and I feel ten years younger."

I'm fairly sure that if I had been awake, I would have asked, "how can we both be in our 70's?" Instead I say, "Oh yeah? Well, I feel 55!"

Immediately, I think how rude! Why am I trying to one-up the old guy? I wake up. Feeling guilty.

Steve

Grandmas Garden

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
66a2a9db34212f64af092fb0b494dc09.jpg

Latest posts