Coffee

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Leave Me Some of That Pizza!

Work here at home is mostly done after pulling down the hoop house, putting things away, pulling some weeds, and chasing the sprinklers around in the yard.

It's back to the garden because where the sprinklers didn't reach well with it so breezy on Wednesday, those plants must be suffering. Temperature is in the 40's F as usual but it will soon be over 80° (27° C) and hit that mark every afternoon with no rain in sight for days and days.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I'm sure you've likely tried it, but quercetin has helped me tremendously with allergies I never even knew I had until recently. I have a lot of contact dermatitis issues, including squash leaves, green bean leaves and certain grasses. The quercetin seems to help reduce severity and duration of the rashes.
THANKS!! I will look for it next time I go shopping!! :hugs

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I am so proud of myself! I coiled up my 2 heated hoses and put their storage muck buckets away yesterday.
They are each $200 to replace, so worth the effort.
Coffee was a bitXh to make this morning. I picked up yesterday's filter with the those grounds As usual, then dumped some into the housing. :mad:
I had to rinse the whole thing out before I started today's coffee.
But, it tasted great with yogurt.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning all! Happy FRIDAY Y'all!!!!!
Enjoying 2nd cup of coffee (even though I had to race @flowerbug, @baymule and @Zeedman to the coffee pot) with a couple (slightly warmed up) slices of leftover pizza.
Right now it's foggy and 59 out.
No race... I'll take the dregs. My eyelids are so heavy I need coffee you can chew on.

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
You beat me to the coffee pot! As long as you save some for the rest of us, us old folks don’t run so fast anymore. :lol:
Believe me @baymule I'm not as young as I once was either and I'm surprised I was able to move as quick as I did with being as sore as I was. Still a little sore this AM but yardwork doesn't stop for stiffness. My right shoulder/back area is still spasming from time to time.
Leave Me Some of That Pizza!
It was only 3 slices. I had sent most of it with FH seeing how he had to work a double yesterday and he's currently at work now. By the time FH got home last night his entire lunch box (which is actually 24 can cooler) was completely empty except for a couple pudding/ Jello cups)
Yesterday evening a coworker of FH stopped in to do some work for us and when he removed the old bathroom exhaust pipe a birds nest almost completely filled it and there's 5 eggs in it so umm how do I get some of the nest with the eggs in a better spot then in the pipe on the ground so other animals don't get to the babies?? Never had to worry about this before......

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Soooo excited! Summer squash FINALLY peeking through the soil after what seemed an eternity. I had actually given up and purchased a single zuke plant in town yesterday for $6 😳. I figured it was gonna be our only hope. First batch of radishes are in fridge and second has leaves. Fen actually allowed me to have coffee without attending his black market aspirations!

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
being ex-military i can believe you've chewed some i'd consider not worthy of being dumped overboard (don't kill the creature of the sea!).
When you've been awake for over 24 hours, all coffee tastes good. At such times, REAL coffee tastes like ambrosia. On deployment, I & others I worked with would sometimes get good coffee sent to us by our families. The smell wafting through the air circulation made sharing a necessity.

Latest posts