Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
a7cea6222ffbfdd59792c071dbb9a5ab.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning :).

Breakfast of leftover cornbread in a bowl of almond milk. Fuji apple chopped and with raisins, microwaved for 2 minutes. Fuji aren't the best for any type of baking but they make up for it with their generous size 🍎 :).

A load of clothes in the washer, trash gathered and hauled out of the house. It is 16 degrees Fahrenheit (-9C) outdoors! No, not unusual and the current month has been a little above normal for temperatures and rainfall. Recent sunshine has been appreciated ☀. And, the clear night sky with that bright moon and Jupiter last night.

Steve

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
So good to see those posts about Thanksgiving, and hope you all enjoyed great time with family and friends!

I made another NY cheesecake - this time, I added homegrown pumpkin (puree) and used Speculaas biscuits as the crust on the base. The flavor is charming!

14268_0.jpg

I shared most of the cake with neighbors and a friend who always collected and brought us free pallets for our projects in the garden. They also got some homemade vanilla and hazelnut cookies.

14290.jpg

I love cheesecake, and the homemade ones are way much better than the only choice in the surrounding, McCafe... pale and boring mass production.

14265_0.jpg

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning. Banana in jello is gone. This morning's banana is in a bowl of Post Honeycomb cereal, Gala apple and an orange on the side.

It's fruit season in the markets. The persimmons may not have come from @Branching Out 's neighborhood but probably @ninnymary 's. We did receive a nice box from Portland Oregon one year from a shirttail relative :). There is probably good reason for me to back off on the bananas for awhile.

A need to plan Thanksgiving menu – confirm is a better word. The pumpkin pie need not to come from freezer. Homemade dinner rolls need not have the Colorful vegetables included. There is no need to startle guests. I've learned my lesson regarding drifting off the traditional stuffing when I included oysters that one year. It was a second experience for me and I was pleased with the first. Too unexpected for others ...!

Steve
Those darn squirrels ate almost all of my persimmons. Not that the tree was loaded but I managed to get about 3-4. Luckily a friend has a mature tree that some years produces a lot. So far he's brought me a bag full. Need to bug him to bring me some. The season is not that long and I'm hoping that I'll get a total of 3 bags for this year.

Mary

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
So good to see those posts about Thanksgiving, and hope you all enjoyed great time with family and friends!

I made another NY cheesecake - this time, I added homegrown pumpkin (puree) and used Speculaas biscuits as the crust on the base. The flavor is charming!

View attachment 62361

I shared most of the cake with neighbors and a friend who always collected and brought us free pallets for our projects in the garden. They also got some homemade vanilla and hazelnut cookies.

View attachment 62360

I love cheesecake, and the homemade ones are way much better than the only choice in the surrounding, McCafe... pale and boring mass production.

View attachment 62362

@Phaedra
If i send you some pallet’s would you send me cheese cake/😉

Last edited:

Latest posts