Coffee

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Scrambled eggs and homemade hash browns for breakfast. No coffee today.
I wonder how instant coffee (blasphemy though it is) would add to the flavor of hash browns? 🤔 Kill two birds with one stone, so to speak, though I can't imagine my breakfast without a cup of coffee.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I wonder how instant coffee (blasphemy though it is) would add to the flavor of hash browns? 🤔 Kill two birds with one stone, so to speak, though I can't imagine my breakfast without a cup of coffee.
Instant coffee in a cake is :drool and I get on fine with that but if I drink the stuff I come out in a rash and can't sleep.

I so wish i knew how that works because it makes no sense too me at all

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
At house in Groveton. My friend Steve came this morning and we got one of the 40’ shipping containers blocked up. Neither one of us knew what we were doing, but that didn’t stop us. We have 4”X16”X16” concrete pads with 8”X8”X16” concrete blocks at each corner and 3 down each side. Total of 10 concrete pads and blocks for one shipping container.

Son wanted it 2 blocks high. We tried, but it shifted and fell off the blocks. Uhhh….. nope. Not raising that thing 2 blocks high. Too dangerous for a couple of ignorant morons with absolutely no experience!

So now with a whole day’s worth of experience, we know what we are doing and will use our expertise to block up the other behemoth tomorrow.

I’m tired. Back is sore.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
i've used instant coffee and cocoa powder in making dark rye breads (also saurkraut). very good results. pumpernickle.
Pumpernickel is one of my favorite home-made breads; I substitute rosemary for the caraway seeds, it perfumes the whole house while baking. As much time as we are spending indoors right now, that aroma is almost as important as the flavor.

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
i've used instant coffee and cocoa powder in making dark rye breads (also saurkraut). very good results. pumpernickle.
That is interesting. DW makes brown bread (rye?) she steams in a can to go with her northeastern style baked beans. I may have a go at that recipe for a bit of testing fun!

Latest posts