Coffee

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today I will do my easiest baking (nearly) and make banana bread. No way can we eat about 8 big bananas before they spoil. Any ideas how I can embellish banana bread?
Chopped dried mango, papaya, or pineapple. I always add chopped dried mango to banana bread, it holds shape & adds texture, flavor, and color. Chopped pecans too.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
4D9319F8-4D8E-4F8C-BDF4-CC543D59F6E9.jpeg

Banana-Carrot Muffins
(Or, cupcakes since they are in the little holders.) Found a recipe on taste of home. Didn’t have the applesauce so I grated an apple with the carrots. Another little tweak was I came across 2 small parsnips with the carrots so it was 1:1:1 ;).

Too late @Zeedman ! We have already finished the mangoes :).

Cinnamon, nutmeg and the bananas. The berry flavor was the honey with huckleberry :D Wonder what they taste like … Oh Yum.

Good thing because my simple baking wasn’t ;). That grating - risky business! I was so tickled to include the parsnips that I almost forgot the bananas!

Steve Thanks You

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
If you can get it, dried jackfruit might work well in banana bread, as jackfruit tastes sort of banana-y anyway.
Agreed, another good flavor... but I'd definitely chop that up, since jackfruit can be stringy. If I used either jackfruit or pineapple, I'd add shredded coconut too.

All this talk of bakery has me drooling, and is threatening to crash my winter diet. :drool Which won't take much, since it was only half-hearted to begin with. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Agreed, another good flavor... but I'd definitely chop that up, since jackfruit can be stringy. If I used either jackfruit or pineapple, I'd add shredded coconut too.

All this talk of bakery is has me drooling, and is threatening to crash my winter diet. :drool Which won't take much, since it was only half-hearted to begin with. :rolleyes:

i'm doing ok so far, check every Monday. now that we got rid of a lot of junkfood that helps a lot. the rest i can resist. low hanging fruit. i have to pretend i don't know there are delicious baked goodies in the freezer and 10lbs of prime chocolate in the closet or many other things. it's a mental game i have played for many years. the trouble is the transit from summer to winter. often i want to eat everything at a time when i'm doing nothing. this year was worse with an injury i didn't want to aggravate. today after my nap i rolled to the side and had a nice crack from my lower back which i hope is actually the area that as troubling me finally saying it was ready to move better again at last. Tai Chi warmups and mild exercises after some time to give whatever it was some time to heal up or at least to think about it's relation to the thigh bone and the hip bone and whatever else is down there. i sure know the ankle bone was only a distant and underappreciated relative in the whole scheme of things. don't worry if this doesn't quite make sense, sometimes the human body does not heal linearly from point A to point B but has to wander around from some actions and reactions to others. i've had entire traumas go up and down my spine in action-reaction steps and then have to unwind and go back the other way and then even rounds again from that. it's all very interesting if it weren't at times also ouchy.

and then don't get me going about sneezing... oy...

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
i'm doing ok so far, check every Monday. now that we got rid of a lot of junkfood that helps a lot. the rest i can resist. low hanging fruit. i have to pretend i don't know there are delicious baked goodies in the freezer and 10lbs of prime chocolate in the closet or many other things. it's a mental game i have played for many years. the trouble is the transit from summer to winter. often i want to eat everything at a time when i'm doing nothing. this year was worse with an injury i didn't want to aggravate. today after my nap i rolled to the side and had a nice crack from my lower back which i hope is actually the area that as troubling me finally saying it was ready to move better again at last. Tai Chi warmups and mild exercises after some time to give whatever it was some time to heal up or at least to think about it's relation to the thigh bone and the hip bone and whatever else is down there. i sure know the ankle bone was only a distant and underappreciated relative in the whole scheme of things. don't worry if this doesn't quite make sense, sometimes the human body does not heal linearly from point A to point B but has to wander around from some actions and reactions to others. i've had entire traumas go up and down my spine in action-reaction steps and then have to unwind and go back the other way and then even rounds again from that. it's all very interesting if it weren't at times also ouchy.

and then don't get me going about sneezing... oy...
It's often assumed (perhaps justifiably) that we get crankier as we get older. Maybe the problem is just that our joints get cranky, stop being team players... and everything rolls downhill from there. ;)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's Monday. Still tired from last week, starting new week of working on Groveton house. I did as much of nothing yesterday, as I could. Saving my energy, LOL Going to Kilz walls, paint, lay vinyl floor tile. Chris the carpenter is going to tape and float, texture, pull up carpet, tack strips, do the bag of floor leveler stuff and probably a lot of things I know nothing about. Got propane company coming Thursday to set the tank, run lines and hook up the range top. I dropped the trailer, don't even have a load on the truck. I may throw something on the truck, may not. Don't really care.

Y'all have a great week!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's often assumed (perhaps justifiably) that we get crankier as we get older. Maybe the problem is just that our joints get cranky, stop being team players... and everything rolls downhill from there. ;)
There is no problem. As we age, we have less time for the BS so we get to the point. There is no nice way to say, you’re an idiot......look at the facts. :old

Latest posts