Coffee

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yes we are incapable of driving in ice and snow. There are no snow plows. No snow tires, whatever THOSE are. Because snow usually lasts about 3 days, we must get out and drive fast in it before it’s gone!
Our state has something like a total of two snow plows. After the blizzard of 93’ they bought a bunch more. Well by the time we actually got enough snow to need the extras again, 10-20 years later, they were completely unusable from rust lol.

Last edited:

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
@Artichoke Lover , when Chicago had two Massive snowfalls, one that had drifts to the roofs of one story buildings, Canada lent them snowplows to deal with it, I bet AL could do the same, especially since the Tennessee valley has had signifigant snow this week and predicted More snow this weekend.

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I do believe saying you are from southern Canada has a completely different cognation than southern USA. If Northern Indiana is as far north as I want, southern Canada is way too wintery for me.
Yes, exactly. When they said 'people down South' they actually meant people like me! And I live in northern Ontario! We have bears walking the streets just like they do. But these folks lived in Wawa and White River (where Winnie the Pooh came from incidentally) so to them I'm a 'southerner', though really a lot the commentary was digs at Toronto. It's all relative I guess, and also reflects that universal tension between rural and urban dwellers. I go south and they think I come from the 'boondocks', and if I go north they call me 'city girl'. By city girl, I think they mean a woman who has actually had to contend with a roadway infrastructure called 'traffic lights'. Way up north they don't have those.

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, exactly. When they said 'people down South' they actually meant people like me! And I live in northern Ontario! We have bears walking the streets just like they do. But these folks lived in Wawa and White River (where Winnie the Pooh came from incidentally) so to them I'm a 'southerner', though really a lot the commentary was digs at Toronto. It's all relative I guess, and also reflects that universal tension between rural and urban dwellers. I go south and they think I come from the 'boondocks', and if I go north they call me 'city girl'. By city girl, I think they mean a woman who has actually had to contend with a roadway infrastructure called 'traffic lights'. Way up north they don't have those.
Hence this

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
That’s so funny! Thanks for the laugh!
You think THAT'S funny, go online and look up the REST of the Arrogant Worms work. Some of it is MUCH Funnier.

For example My sister heard me playing this one, and swore that, if she ever had children, I was FORBIDDEN from ever sitting them.
And this one
And of course, who could forget their most famous song
And what I always sing at PETA members.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
The funny thing is, if I wanted to move somewhere a little warmer, I could move to far southern Ontario. Who woulda thunk it. ;)

Those Arrogant Worm videos really crack me up! :lol:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coffee is gone, make your own! There are some cinnamon rolls out of a biscuit can leftover. My nephew and his wife brought me a little refrigerator night before last. So I got enough frozen dinners to last me until I go back to Lindale on Friday. Dummy me didn’t read cooking instructions on the box until last night…. So many minutes in a microwave. I knew something was up when I took my supper out of the box and it was in a plastic tray. No microwave here yet so I put the contents on a cookie sheet. Chewy, but edible.

Bad news is, I got 2 more of those stupid things. Good news is I got orange juice and chocolate milk!

Making progress on ugly, awful bedroom. Hope to have it completed on Friday. Carpenter does good work and never lets up. Takes his lunch break and that’s all. I’m the helper, I do the menial tasks that would take his attention away from the bigger tasks.

Latest posts