Coffee

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I’ve been sick. Low fever, chills and goosebumps any time I move. Bleach. I’m hanging out in my fleece PJs and covering with a doubled afghan. I suit up in my Carhart overalls, sweat hoodie and Carhart jacket to go outside and feed twice a day.

I’ve been going at a dead run for 3 months and finally stopped. It all caught up with me. At least I didn’t get sick while moving.
Sorry you are run down. You have been on fast forward for way too long, your body is telling you too recharged so please do exactly that and make sure you eat properly :hugs💐

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Returning to the lazyboy after bundling all recent trash out of the house; it's not yet at the curb for pickup, as I wait for DW to vacate the bedroom so I don't need to do that in my bathrobe ;). DST does allow us to be back to darkness at 7am so, there is that.

:) Have my after-breakfast mug of herbal tea and was reflecting on modern conveniences. The zipper. What an Invention that must have been! Imagine the initial difficulty in making a zipper.

The English name was obviously an easy part. I did a little checking and was surprised that as many as 5 syllables are used in some languages. Reassuring to see that many languages use "zipper" or the even simpler "zip" or "zipp."

Well, she is Up so I can change to more presentable sweat pants (no zipper ;)), zip up a jacket, and zip out to the curb with the cans!

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi y’all! I’m feeling much better. I even got dressed this morning to go outside and feed the sheep. I’ve been slouching around in fleece PJs, putting Carhart overalls and a sweat hoodie to go outside. All this sitting around has forced me to rest, I haven’t had much motivation for much of anything. LOL Haven’t had much of an appetite, but I sure messed up a lot of drinking glasses and coffee mugs. Was down to last couple of clean coffee mugs, the CRITICAL alarm went off, so I washed dishes. That was pretty huge, I haven’t done ANYTHING for a week. Just didn’t care.

Yesterday I spent hours on the internet doing changes of address. Spent some quality time chatting with some very helpful people in the Philippines. The post office in Lindale saw fit to not forward my mail, but instead has sent most of it back. This has the effect of totally wigging out the entities I pay bills to. So I got most of that straightened out.

I’ll be taking it easy the rest of the week, but I’m much better!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi y’all! I’m feeling much better. I even got dressed this morning to go outside and feed the sheep. I’ve been slouching around in fleece PJs, putting Carhart overalls and a sweat hoodie to go outside. All this sitting around has forced me to rest, I haven’t had much motivation for much of anything. LOL Haven’t had much of an appetite, but I sure messed up a lot of drinking glasses and coffee mugs. Was down to last couple of clean coffee mugs, the CRITICAL alarm went off, so I washed dishes. That was pretty huge, I haven’t done ANYTHING for a week. Just didn’t care.

Yesterday I spent hours on the internet doing changes of address. Spent some quality time chatting with some very helpful people in the Philippines. The post office in Lindale saw fit to not forward my mail, but instead has sent most of it back. This has the effect of totally wigging out the entities I pay bills to. So I got most of that straightened out.

I’ll be taking it easy the rest of the week, but I’m much better!

glad you are around the bend. :) PITA about the PO not forwarding the mail. *makes stinkface at them*

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
When I bought one of my more recent Oz publications (The Lost Tales of Oz) I got the deluxe edition, which includes an additional book that tries to provide a timeline of Oz up until the time of the Wizard. The book is about 200 pages long!
Can you give me a link to that? Eldest DD would probably love it, if she doesn't already own it!

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I Think I posted this already, but I think packaging up used and dried coffee grounds for animal bedding is genius!
When Wifezille (RIP) and I were talking about using coffee grounds in the garden, it seemed like they are thrown in landfills far too often. DH kept accusing me of throwing the daily coffee filter and wet used grounds in my burn barrel, the plastic trash can where I stage paper garbage to burn in my firepit every time it is full. He would say I ruined the fire starting, so I started to dump the grounds in a bowl to compost, and drop the filters in the burn barrel, where they dry out and later, burn to ash. Anyway, this bedding is safer for baby chicks. Baby chicks will eat their bedding and sawdust/pine shavings create "pasty butt" and that can be fatal for them. Anything black is easier to heat and they need 95 degrees F for the first week, then little by little, over a couple of months, they can handle colder temperatures.
1647436675804.png

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Can you give me a link to that? Eldest DD would probably love it, if she doesn't already own it!
I did a little searching, and it looks like this is the only deluxe copy currently available (Amazon has the paperback, but that doesn't include the additional book)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233927279254?epid=25038585083&hash=item3677270296:g:urEAAOSwkZhbft6g

Though the extra book is available separately, so I suppose you could order that and the paperback and get the same net result

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184509103304?epid=10038754091&hash=item2af5997cc8:g:OpsAAOSwBSpfmU-p

Latest posts