Coffee

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Drinking my coffee and planning the day. I have some transplanting to do and my cherry tomato seeds came. I would rather do that outside, but still raining on and off. DD got a sourdough starter from a friend and has been baking bread and made pop tarts and hamburger buns. She is really getting into this. I got a starter from her and I could bake today and trying to get the energy to do it. I watched Izzy yesterday while DD took Evelyn with her to her doctor visit so Evelyn could hear the heartbeat. We will find out in 2 days if she is having a boy or a girl. Evelyn says a girl, DS says a girl, DD says a girl, her husband says a boy, I say a boy and I asked Izzy, do you want a baby sister or a baby brother and she said brudder. lol She is 20 months old. I let her play in the sink yesterday. Behind her in the picture next to the stove is DD's bread rising. This is her house. In the floor you cannot see is a 25 pound sack of flour and there is a sack of flour on the cabinet and a jar of starter. Out in the yard she has a big box for a garden with dirt and she has MILK JUGS she filled with potting soil and has lettuce, spinach and other things coming up. Really proud of her. Picture of her bread she made yesterday and a picture of DD 20 months pregnant with the girls Sunday after church getting donuts. Not posting on the bragging grandparents, because not bragging on grandchildren but on my girl. lol Now, I have to try to make some bread as good as she did.

Attachments

• IMG_3234.JPG
    IMG_3234.JPG
    173.3 KB · Views: 78
  • bread.jpg
    bread.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 77
  • hamburger buns.jpg
    hamburger buns.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 79
  • March 20 Evelyn Rachel and Izzy.jpg
    March 20 Evelyn Rachel and Izzy.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Now and then, I have become a little obsessed with this and that. I was just thinking about my Jerusalem artichoke obsession and, perhaps, responding to @Dahlia 's new thread.

Sourdough bread is delicious but, I found that I could use the starter for pancakes. It's not quite as good in pancakes and I'm not very much a fan of pancakes to begin with, so ... I drifted away. You know, it takes some dedication to keep that starter goin'!

Steve

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Now and then, I have become a little obsessed with this and that. I was just thinking about my Jerusalem artichoke obsession and, perhaps, responding to @Dahlia 's new thread.

Sourdough bread is delicious but, I found that I could use the starter for pancakes. It's not quite as good in pancakes and I'm not very much a fan of pancakes to begin with, so ... I drifted away. You know, it takes some dedication to keep that starter goin'!

Steve
Yes it does! I recently made a sourdough starter and 2 weeks later made some really great sourdough bread! It is kinda a pain to keep the stater going so I wimped out and just made the bread twice!

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Gardening, those girls look like twins!

Mary
I agree, but DD cannot see it. She will send me a picture or a video of them doing something and I am not sure it is Izzy. She has expressions on her face like Evelyn. They look a lot like DS. When DS was born DH and I said at the same time, he looks just like Rachel and he did when first born. They do not look that much alike, but you can tell related, but they have been asked if they are twins. lol Six years apart in age. Poor DS lol every time he goes somewhere with her he gets weird comments. He has been asked if DD was his twin and then asked if DD was his MOTHER LOL, and the best one was IS THIS YOUR WIFE. lol

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score

Steve, I didn't know you were into making sourdough bread. As long as you keep your starter in the fridge you only have to feed it once a month.

Latest posts