Coffee

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Starbucks chocolate, @Phaedra Geiermann ?

:) I was certainly in Seattle during the 1960's but the airport wouldn't count ;). Sometime later, I showed up at Pike Place.

Then, during my one or two visits to the original Starbucks, I brought with me that questioning thought of "what makes this place and product so special?"

I never became much of a coffee afectionado. Maybe my very recent hot chocolate interest might include Starbucks ;).

Steve
who read Moby Dick in the '60's, so "Call me Ishmael" :D

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ok, "Ismael," but I like the coffee beans I grind at home better than Starbucks.
Then, again, I don't take "a little coffee with my milk and sugar," like so many do.
Makes it more like a hot milkshake. :cool:
I’m too cheap to pay $5 for a cup of coffee. Starbucks does make some coffee that is strong enough to peel wallpaper off the wall. Not all is that foo foo drink. When I was in BB, once a year Starbucks gave us free coffee. First one was strong. Second one I tried, not so much.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning.

Bland cream of rice and a banana, with my oolong for breakfast. The hot cereal embellished with a pat of butter, a little almond milk, and some huckleberry honey. Berry flavor helps.

Today I will do my easiest baking (nearly) and make banana bread. No way can we eat about 8 big bananas before they spoil. Any ideas how I can embellish banana bread? We just might have some huckleberries in the freezer but I suspect that they have been used months ago.

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning.

Bland cream of rice and a banana, with my oolong for breakfast. The hot cereal embellished with a pat of butter, a little almond milk, and some huckleberry honey. Berry flavor helps.

Today I will do my easiest baking (nearly) and make banana bread. No way can we eat about 8 big bananas before they spoil. Any ideas how I can embellish banana bread? We just might have some huckleberries in the freezer but I suspect that they have been used months ago.

Steve

cinnamon or similar spices, nuts (including peanuts), punkin puree, bits of orange peel or orange flavor.

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Good Morning.

Steve
Various types of dried fruit go well in banana bread. Nuts if you don’t already add them. Fresh or frozen berries go good (especially blueberries). My personal favorite is to add chocolate chips or even unsweetened cocoa powder to make chocolate banana bread. It’s definitely a desert at that point though lol.

Latest posts