Coffee

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Coffee is ready! Working on son’s house today. Chris is taking down the plywood on the gable and putting up T-1-11 siding to match the other end of the house. Also replacing rotted trim boards and soffit on front of house. I’m pre-painting so we don’t have to stand on ladders to paint. Got to go to Lufkin and get some supplies this morning. We’ll work on house for probably several weeks. Got to tear down a back room that was improperly built, roof leaks, it’s flat and a mess. We’ll make it a patio. Getting house ready to sell. Son is gone to job in Kentucky for next 3 months.
Your son is selling his house?
Any news on the farm you're buying?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Your son is selling his house?
Any news on the farm you're buying?
Yep, he’s selling it. He can park his 2 tractors and 3 trailers at my place. We’ll fix him a spot for his RV for when he’s in off a job. He decided to sell this house when I move out to take advantage of the high market and invest the money. My place can be his home base.

I’m supposed to close June 20. We’ll see! Not holding my breath! I’ll take it as a nice surprise if it actually happens. LOL Then I jump into my tornado mode and make things happen.

I’ve got more boards to paint today. I’m the flunkie, doing the little things I can do so Chris doesn’t have to. At $20 per hour, it adds up quick and will save DS quite a bit of money. And I can be that extra set of hands that sometimes comes in handy.

On my second cup of coffee, gotta get dressed, feed and water sheep and start the day!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I got 2 boards painted and it rained. A pop up shower, just enough to wet things down. I see the sun trying to come out, that oughta make today a humid sweat festival. High today of 91F. Oh well, boards have 2 sides. I’ll just turn them over and paint the other side. They will be edge trim up under the metal trim at the sides of the metal roof on each end of the house.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning. Having a mix of cold cereal in my breakfast bowl with a banana & blueberries, bottom and top :).

Difficulty falling asleep in bed after dozing off in the lazyboy last night. After laying there an hour and finding comfort eluding me, I went back to the lazyboy and a couple of Tylenol. I guess the busy-ness here before we could get to the garden and the dang rototiller there made for just too many aches and pains.

Aging is interesting. Don't you think so?

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Aging may be interesting, but I'm not interested in it! :lol: Unfortunately it looks like I don't have much of a choice. :old The alternative doesn't look very attractive at all.

Coffee is ready, haven't gotten to the breakfast part yet. I painted more boards yesterday. I'm ahead of Chris now, he has to assemble the pieces and put them up. So today I'll work on the dog pen and get Trip and Carson out of that back room so we can begin to tear it down. We can use some of the materials on what needs to be done on the house.

Got rained on twice yesterday, then steam bathed, it was pretty miserable. By noon I was whupped. We ate lunch, then I had to sit down and put my feet up, my "good" knee was talking ugly to me. I took a nap (exhaustion) and went back outside. We are making progress.

Latest posts