Coffee

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good news.

My middle son was a couple of weeks late and weighted 10-1/2 pounds at birth. Natural birth, the doctor was expecting 9 pounds. His brothers were both pretty close to 8 pounds at birth. The middle one is now the runt of the litter. A few inches shorter than either brother and tens of pounds lighter. Don't count on him maintaining that size in later years.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good news.

My middle son was a couple of weeks late and weighted 10-1/2 pounds at birth. Natural birth, the doctor was expecting 9 pounds. His brothers were both pretty close to 8 pounds at birth. The middle one is now the runt of the litter. A few inches shorter than either brother and tens of pounds lighter. Don't count on him maintaining that size in later years.
Evelyn they said was 10 days late and she only weighed 8 pounds 15 oz and Izzy is about the same weight but she was not late and going to be taller than Evelyn. DD was only 7 pounds 6 oz and her husband was only 8 pounds something, but long, 22, but my brother was that long I think. I agree, I do not think he will look like this in months ahead because Evelyn is slimming way down and looking like her mother more and more. DH was not a large man at all. He was only 5' 9 and the tallest in his family lol. His legs do not look really long or leggy either, so he will just start slimming down especially when he starts to walk. DD was worried she was going to have a big baby like NINE pounds. Crazy to me even being this late which I do not really think he was 2 weeks, by dates he was 41 today and by ultrasound measurement he would be 42 weeks tomorrow.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning. Diced peaches in the bowl, peanut and original Chex on top, honeydew melon on the side. Finishing the Oolong, now it's time for the herbs :).

Back to the passionfruit and having that with anise hyssop this morning is a different cup of tea. Have I tried this before? May have too many dried cranberries in there, sweet! Better leave the leaves of the new lemon verbena alone for awhile. The plant had some trouble growing early and I want it to last as many years as the previous one did. Leave the leaves -- should check the linguists' thoughts on the etymology of those words. What is left on the ground after the first frost, tree leaves. The recent hailstorm sure left a lot of tree leaves on the ground in the big garden's neighborhood.

Back out there soon. We have record heat this week. Relief isn't in sight in the short term. We are now losing 3 minutes of sunlight each 24 hours, at this Earth location. That will make a difference at some point in time ;).

Steve

A couple of days ago I was going to go out and pick some blackberries and when I got ready to go outside I was shocked it was already too dark to pick.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
It will be 100 today. I watered extra long last night. I missed the day the baby was born because I was too busy and I could not believe how dry it was out there. I would hate to live in a drought area and I think we are like right on the outside edge of one.

yes, isn't that area where some of the grain growers will use dry farming techniques? well i should have said one of the areas...

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow, well I can take a deep breath and maybe drink some coffee or do some gardening. DD FINALLY had her baby. I guess he is almost 2 weeks late. He weighs ELEVEN POUNDS AND 2 OZ. WHAT THE HECK??? 22.5 inches long and 15 inch head and she said this was the easiest delivery but the worst pregnancy in how she handled it all, but both healthy He was born last night. Said he did not cry and was happy and just looking around awhile before crying. I think DD knows who he looks like. We have not talked about it. I said he would have light colored hair that later turns dark like DH. She looks like her dad a lot. I am not posting this picture on Facebook or anywhere any of son-in-law's family can see because the do want him to look like his daddy. He will be bigger and taller than DH that is for sure, but here is a picture of DH older than a baby, but does anybody here think they look anything alike or am I View attachment 51384stretching this?
Congratulations on a healthy baby, he’s a BIG boy! You know who has his mark on this baby. Son in law’s family can say what they want, but you already know.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I felt sorry for Carson last night, my big black Great Dane/Labrador cross. At bedtime it was pouring rain and I didn’t have the heart to put him in his pen. Poor dog. I feel bad keeping him in that pen, but there is a very busy highway in front of the house, so pen it is. This morning I put him out, BEFORE going through the kitchen. He left me a surprise. Big puddle of pee and huge pile on rug at front door. No wonder he was hanging his head down and didn’t want to come to me. I was telling Carson that he had to go outside to potty and he knew he’d already done that inside!

I’ll be glad to get moved to the farm. He will have a fenced front yard, until I can secure the rest of the yard. He will have a much bigger space and better shelter from weather.
I’m not mad at him for leaving me a surprise, he obviously couldn’t hold it any longer. Normally not my first thought of the morning.

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I felt sorry for Carson last night, my big black Great Dane/Labrador cross. At bedtime it was pouring rain and I didn’t have the heart to put him in his pen. Poor dog. I feel bad keeping him in that pen, but there is a very busy highway in front of the house, so pen it is. This morning I put him out, BEFORE going through the kitchen. He left me a surprise. Big puddle of pee and huge pile on rug at front door. No wonder he was hanging his head down and didn’t want to come to me. I was telling Carson that he had to go outside to potty and he knew he’d already done that inside!

I’ll be glad to get moved to the farm. He will have a fenced front yard, until I can secure the rest of the yard. He will have a much bigger space and better shelter from weather.
I’m not mad at him for leaving me a surprise, he obviously couldn’t hold it any longer. Normally not my first thought of the morning.
We have that same occasional problem with wee! I have yet to put up a fence. We only have a flat front yard, the back is all woods on a hill. Still, having a flapper door is a good thing. I see now they have flappers that are controlled by a collar tag. More batteries but one way traffic control or egress denial whilst lounging about at 430am is a good thing.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I came in this afternoon, Carson was yelping for me to let him out of the pen. I let him in the house, didn’t say a word, just pointed at where he peed in the floor. Poor guy looked like I beat him, He was ashamed. I pointed at where he pooped, he hung his head, his whole body dropped. I stood straight and told him I wasn’t mad, come. He did and I rubbed his ears.

Latest posts