Coffee

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
We always go to our cabin the day after Christmas with our 2 grandkids. Of course we want snow! But it doesn't look like it. It will be raining for 3 days.

rains in CA will be a well needed event. i know for the holidays that nobody really wants rain but ...

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Getting ready for the real cold tonight. I am a little worried about the rabbits. They have had really cold temperatures before with some below 0 wind chills, but I do not remember -20 or -30 since having them. it is supposed to be -12 actual temperature tonight and -30 wind chill. Is there a place you can look for your area and wind chill temperatures? I can look for past years and temperatures but I am not sure about wind chill.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Getting ready for the real cold tonight. I am a little worried about the rabbits. They have had really cold temperatures before with some below 0 wind chills, but I do not remember -20 or -30 since having them. it is supposed to be -12 actual temperature tonight and -30 wind chill. Is there a place you can look for your area and wind chill temperatures? I can look for past years and temperatures but I am not sure about wind chill.

it is right on the weather service website for our forecasts:

just put in your location and click... :)

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
i know there is a large network of people who are all into the chemtrails thing, but i'm also pretty sure it is yet another hoax or conspiracy theory. not that planes are pure, they do pollute, but they don't give off anything other than byproducts of combustion of jet fuel. oh, and of course there are people who are doing cloud seeding for precipitation but that's about it.

I always laugh. Always. SpaceX has rockets going up every 6 days or some insane frequency... you cannot even make a good ufo video anymore because the satellite strings are that common someone will call you out. Humans are punching holes in the sky.

Myself raised on the bombastic headline let me put it this way;

Boys and Girls, do you know what environmental testing says about rocket fuel residue globally?

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I hope your rabbits manage alright with the cold. In We only have one, but she is an old bunny now and the breed (mini Rex) apparently has cold sensitive paws so she has been in my laundry room for the last two weeks. The basement is starting to smell like a barn and there is hay all over the place; am looking forward to moving her back outside in a few days when things warm up a bit. When she is outside we use cardboard boxes to make a warm sleeping area in her hutch, to create layers of insulation. We also have something very much like a seed starting mat in her sleeping area, that we call 'the bunny bum warmer'. It plugs in and provides a bit of heat for her.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hope your rabbits manage alright with the cold. In We only have one, but she is an old bunny now and the breed (mini Rex) apparently has cold sensitive paws so she has been in my laundry room for the last two weeks. The basement is starting to smell like a barn and there is hay all over the place; am looking forward to moving her back outside in a few days when things warm up a bit. When she is outside we use cardboard boxes to make a warm sleeping area in her hutch, to create layers of insulation. We also have something very much like a seed starting mat in her sleeping area, that we call 'the bunny bum warmer'. It plugs in and provides a bit of heat for her.
They have a back area to their hutch that is insulated and they have boxes with wood shavings, straw and hay. They do go back there in the summer when it is hot. The front part of the hutch has deep straw. The doors are covered in plastic and the sides. I only have 2 left and they cannot be together, male and female. They have been through some really cold weather and take it well. I am just trying to remember the past years what the wind chill has been.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. It’s gonna be several nights in the low teens here and not above freezing for a couple of days. Then 20’s at night, daytime in the 50’s. It’s those couple of days that I’m preparing for. The add on utility room houses the washer, water heater and a sink. It is poorly insulated, maybe not at all. So I'll be cutting the water off tonight.

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Apple, Banana and green tea for breakfast. Planning on the the leftover Chinese food for brunch.
Really not looking forward to the cold and ice tonight. I’m hoping that either the rain ends early enough for the roads to dry off or that it will be icy enough to close the roads since work is still trying to get to come in.
Personally I don’t think anyone in my area has any business being on the hilly winding roads with black ice 40mph gusts and 12 degree temps. No one down here has practice driving on ice and the severe cold is supposed to make the road treatments useless.

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I always laugh. Always. SpaceX has rockets going up every 6 days or some insane frequency... you cannot even make a good ufo video anymore because the satellite strings are that common someone will call you out. Humans are punching holes in the sky.

this is a very different claim than contrails.

there are many more pollutants going into the atmosphere from many human activities that are likely many orders of magnitude greater than space exploration.

not that there's much excuse for any of it at this point, but hey, it's just me i guess... :)

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Apple, Banana and green tea for breakfast. Planning on the the leftover Chinese food for brunch.
Really not looking forward to the cold and ice tonight. I’m hoping that either the rain ends early enough for the roads to dry off or that it will be icy enough to close the roads since work is still trying to get to come in.
Personally I don’t think anyone in my area has any business being on the hilly winding roads with black ice 40mph gusts and 12 degree temps. No one down here has practice driving on ice and the severe cold is supposed to make the road treatments useless.
I think what I dread most is my wife's cold feet. There I am in bed all warm and toasty when suddenly YAAAHHH!

Latest posts