Coffee

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I put the sprinkler on the garden yesterday evening. I could not decide if I should. Some places looked like it needed water and other places looked fine. It was kind of breezy, but no sign of rain. I put it on and about an hour later DS heard it raining hard and went out and turned it off. It did not rain long, but it was coming down good, so the flowers and grass got watered good.

Today, I had coffee and I did some weeding and planted lettuce, radishes, Swiss chard and some spinach called Giant Nobel. Looking for a good place to put basil plants. I started a bunch of it for DD and myself.

GottaGo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well at least I have a long weekend though the weather is unsettled for Saturday. Weeding, plant coddling, and planning evil deeds for the woodchuck that has actually come up on the deck and taste tested a couple of flowers. In between all, hope to get the pontoon cleaned up for a float-around on the lake.

Oh, and coffee. Lots and lots of coffee.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Three hours is a long time.

it goes by pretty quickly to me, i just get into my happy place listening to the birdies and doing whatever needs to get done. i stop when i need a break for a drink of water or today i had to cool down for a while because i started with two shirts on and then it was too warm. so i took a break and rehydrated and stretched out. almost fell asleep. went back out and worked on another garden getting it ready to plant.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
it goes by pretty quickly to me, i just get into my happy place listening to the birdies and doing whatever needs to get done. i stop when i need a break for a drink of water or today i had to cool down for a while because i started with two shirts on and then it was too warm. so i took a break and rehydrated and stretched out. almost fell asleep. went back out and worked on another garden getting it ready to plant.
It really is a wonderful life, gardening.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had coffee and went out and did some weeding and transplanted hollyhocks, daisy and cone flowers. I found some lemon balm that I must have transplanted last year or the year before and forgot about it, so I took some of it and planted next to the back fence. I am not sure where I want an herb garden that I can take care of and not let the weeds take over, so I am just making sure herbs and flowers are not dying so that when I get ready for the real place I can transplant.

When DS tilled he must have hit a horseradish root. There is a horseradish plant at the back of the garden and I did not plant it there. Somehow DH had mowed or something and got some of it and it was in compost he kept out at the edge of the garden. It just grows and never had spread, but now I have several small ones coming up.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready! I let Carson in this morning and let Sentry out to go potty. Sentry is aggressive towards Carson, it’s that male Anatolian thing. Carson avoids him and now Sentry is in the house! Carson brings me a toy from behind my recliner. He lays his big head on the recliner arm for me to pet him. The recliner is between him and Sentry. Smart dog, he’s figured out how to make it work. Sentry is in front of my recliner, in the crate. Both dogs are sleeping now. Going to be an interesting week.

IMG_4348.jpeg

IMG_4347.jpeg

Latest posts