Coffee

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Watching New Scandinavian Cooking between 1st and 2nd breakfast and while the machines are washing 3 loads of laundry ;).

I have really enjoyed these shows. Not so much for the recipes but the adventures North. Wow! "Pyramids of the North" Please pardon the capitals, copied directly from the online transcript. Andreas is excited ;).

THERE'S NOT JUST ONE GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO'VE DECIDED TO COME HERE TO SVALBARD ● OVER THE YEARS, THEY'VE COME IN ALL FORMS AND TEMPERAMENTS ● EXPLORERS LOOKING TO CHARTER UNMAPPED TERRITORIES ● THERE HAVE BEEN TRAPPERS LOOKING FOR VALUABLE FURS, AND WILD-EYED HERMITS, LOOKING TO GET AWAY FROM IT ALL ● AND THEN THERE HAVE BEEN MINERS AND ACADEMICS AND JUST OUTDOORS-LOVING PEOPLE.

● AND THEY'VE HAD ONE THING IN COMMON, AND THAT'S AN OBSESSION WITH CHOCOLATE.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
They can have my share of chocolate.
Dibs! :D And since this is a coffee thread...

I tried an experiment with chocolate several years ago. Since some dry coffee creamer appears to have an emulsifier, I wondered if I could melt chocolate into hot coffee, using creamer to dissolve the chocolate? It works!!! :ya I sometimes add a square of dark chocolate to the morning coffee. It takes a bit of stirring to break up the chocolate, but well worth the effort.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I share your love of caramel. ❤️ We'll keep all the caramel for ourselves and leave the chocolate for the chocolate addicts.

both... pretty much anything sweet i will want. Mom makes great microwave caramel and that goes really well with popcorn, and apples, and ice-cream, and peanuts, and fudge and pecans and ...

i'm eating less chocolate and we've not had too many sweets around the past few weeks so i've finished off all the reject cookies (yes, reject cookies - i did type that right) from the last time she baked and now we've also finished off the sweet potato chips (those things are really good) so i got into the frosting and graham crackers a bit ago for a small snack. only a little bit but it sure did hit the spot.

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
both... pretty much anything sweet i will want. Mom makes great microwave caramel and that goes really well with popcorn, and apples, and ice-cream, and peanuts, and fudge and pecans and ...

i'm eating less chocolate and we've not had too many sweets around the past few weeks so i've finished off all the reject cookies (yes, reject cookies - i did type that right) from the last time she baked and now we've also finished off the sweet potato chips (those things are really good) so i got into the frosting and graham crackers a bit ago for a small snack. only a little bit but it sure did hit the spot.
Caramel apples for sure! Maple popcorn has become a favorite here in my state, but caramel corn is tied for first place. And salted caramel swirl ice cream....

Your mom's homemade caramel sounds especially wonderful.

Latest posts