Coming to An End

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can see how that would be unsettling.

:lol: Thistle, yer a hoot!!!

I saw this picture of a bed on a woman's blog. She is into gardening, making soap, just back to basic type housekeeping, and her bed had a pink sheet, and a white sheet, and 2 different colored pillowcases, a really pretty bedspread, and it made me want to mismatch my sheets. :hide

I love mixing and matching linens! I don't like everything to be matchy matchy but merely to GO together. Certain prints with certain solids, different colors that compliment each other, etc.

I make my soap here and have done for 12 yrs now, so the clothes hung out are not stiff like clothing done with commercial laundry detergents....makes it a joy to hang out bed linens and then sleep on them later that night. Bliss!

Got ya all beat...I remember washing clothes on a washboard and wringing them into a rinse tub with a hand crank wringer. Then swinging that around and wringing them into the basket, THEN hanging them out. Lots and lots of clothes for our big family....for the record, I HATED washing and hanging out socks. When we had electricity(before I was 10)we used an electric wringer washer, so that was easier, but you really had to mind that wringer didn't get parts of you rolled into it...ouch! :eek:

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bee, my grandma got her hand stuck in the wringer. Probably more than once.
I remember that old washer out in the back shed, where grandma did her laundry. She was using it still back in the late 50's early 60's. I had heard the stories and would stare at that thing with a kind of horrified awe. And that was when it wasn't being used!

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bee, my grandma got her hand stuck in the wringer. Probably more than once.
I remember that old washer out in the back shed, where grandma did her laundry. She was using it still back in the late 50's early 60's. I had heard the stories and would stare at that thing with a kind of horrified awe. And that was when it wasn't being used!

I heard tell of ladies who got their boobs rolled through a wringer. Back in the day they couldn't always afford bras, so things hung down a little more in the way.

I must confess, I LOVE watching the clothes roll through that wringer...it's soothing to watch the water come pouring out and the clothes coming through smashed flat. Appeals to me for some reason.

Latest posts