common sense is out the window

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have this same conversation on the phone at least once a month.

blah, blah, blah ... this is Debbie, can I help you?
Yeah, I'm tearing down a building, what's it going to cost for me to dispose of the debris?
(I give them the per ton price)
Ahh, OK. And what about the blocks and bricks and such?
Well.. It's 'per ton' so it would be the same.o_O
OK. Um.. and what about the burnable stuff - wood, carpet, stuff like that?
Sir, it's PER TON. We don't care what's in the can, we'll charge you by the weight.:idunno
OH, I see. So um, what about appliances like the stove, the tub, that sort of thing?
<sigh> Well THAT'S going to be (gives them the per ton price again)....:th
Um ... how may tons can I put in the bin ?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I get all the time Client What time can I drop off my dog ? Anytime between 8 and noon. Can I drop my dog off at 9:30 ? Yes 9:30 falls between 8 to noon. Question how does one set margins like to list things one under the other?

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
grrrrr.. come on powerball.............
did the usually thursday virginia run, finished up my 1st stop disputanta, va the phone rings work of course...
transportation manager,,, where you at????
me...uh just leaving food lion
t/m.. forgot to tell you theres a pick up in wakefield...
me.... you know that's about a hour from here, and a hour back to petersburg.. would have been nice to know this yesterday evening i would have adjusted my start time.!!!!!! you worthless piece of sh*t
t/m.. it's not an hour...
me... get a map out . whatever hung up on his ass
did what i had to, got to my planned 2nd stop petersburg , got there right when they were going to lunch had to sit there for an hour... texted him letting know how much i am enjoying sitting there...
t/m text.. your welcome..
what a peckerwood.....did my 3rd and 4th stops smooth as silk. my last stop in butner. raining cats and dogs got out went to the liftgate controls...not working
grrrrrrr..
called the t/m told him of the problem..
t/m ....your the maintenance man fix it
me ... um no i am a truck driver and how i am i going to fix it without my tools....duh.<you piece of sh*t> you need to call shotwell and get it fixed in the morning...
<just so you all know this is not the regular trailer i pull, and it needs to be fixed for the regular driver who pulls it>. so i did tell him, now its on him if it does not get fixed... for laughs will call him at 4:55 tomorrow just to see if he got it fixed after they loaded it and all the lift operators have gone home...

<do onto others, as others have done onto to you>screw me ...:lol::lol::lol:
bet you a 20.00 somehow i get screwed again monday....

oh....... no word on typhoid mary<the new driver> doctor's release date....looks like another week in the truck...grrrrrrrr

on a high note i am at 47.8 hours, with tomorrow and saturday will be around 55+ hours,, god i love over time :frow:frow:frow:frow+

Latest posts