common sense is out the window

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
From what I can deduce, insurance is the #1 problem of retirement.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Getting your house paid for is a great feeling. But you have to set aside money each month for insurance and taxes. ;) Our house in Livingston was paid for, we financed this one. After closing on this one, we sold the one in Livingston, then paid off this one.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
why dont people listen to what i have to say..... 2 weeks ago i had people come in and do some work roofer and welder. my roofer i dont worry about hes doing a great job. now the welder replaced a section of a 4 way switch for the trolleys <he has all the toys i am not allowed to have> well he cut one of the parts to short so the trolleys hung up and the other 2 were to narrow. so called him in to fix them correctly.

showed him what needed to be done and how to correct the problems...
welder.ok got it....
come over to check up on their progress , wtf why did you bent that out now the trolleys could fall out while making the turn, thats not what i asked to be done.
welder.. well you show me...
grrrrr....
pounded the track back in,got the cutting torch heated up the very edge of the new section from the other week and slowly bent it out with a crowbar , see now the edge of both tracks match up and the trolleys slide easily...
welder.. wow that does work better...
so between the 2 of us fixed 2 of the switches.

the bad switch section had to be cut out completely, way too short... told him just to tack it and let me look at it before welding it up... nope it was too long the switch would not rotate, so he had grind a 3/32 off it...
welder.. hows that?
perfect....
after helping him load up him tools he had the gall to ask if he could add 50.00 onto the bill !!!!!!.

told him thats fine but i will send to a bill for the 4 hours i was there<oh by the way i am on overtime>...
welder... no i will just eat this job.....

really grrrr:he
now dont get me wrong he is a very talented person this was just one of those things that was bad, he has done me right on all of the projects that i have outsourced to him....

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
Major, sounds like you're getting some major burnout from being at that place!

i've been where i'm at for 4 years now & considered a senior customer service rep. we hired so many new reps this past year that dealing with the few that have stayed this long has been a rough time trying to make them confident enough they shouldn't be pawning calls off to us senior reps or to a supervisor.

one of the girls, on just about every call she takes, comes running over to the rep behind me or to me to get an answer we just pointed out to her not 5 minutes before in the previous call. she's young but by now she should have enough confidence to answer questions & have the insurance plan doc open to compare when it is a claim call. as many times as we've told her that there are specific benefits on each plan & if that is what it says applies we can't just keep sending a claim back for review because someone was told by their doc that it was 'routine' when it wasn't 'preventive' services.

well, as of the week after this i will be moving into a different position. i am burned out from customer service & need this change. 1 more week to go!

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Major, sounds like you're getting some major burnout from being at that place!

i've been where i'm at for 4 years now & considered a senior customer service rep. we hired so many new reps this past year that dealing with the few that have stayed this long has been a rough time trying to make them confident enough they shouldn't be pawning calls off to us senior reps or to a supervisor.

one of the girls, on just about every call she takes, comes running over to the rep behind me or to me to get an answer we just pointed out to her not 5 minutes before in the previous call. she's young but by now she should have enough confidence to answer questions & have the insurance plan doc open to compare when it is a claim call. as many times as we've told her that there are specific benefits on each plan & if that is what it says applies we can't just keep sending a claim back for review because someone was told by their doc that it was 'routine' when it wasn't 'preventive' services.

well, as of the week after this i will be moving into a different position. i am burned out from customer service & need this change. 1 more week to go!

oh it's way beyond major burnout,,,, been there 18 years and 5 days. the last couple years have been to 2 job interviews, much closer to the house both i was recommended for the job, when came down to pay they were not even offering close to what i was willing to take a cut to work for them... lets face even with 1 pay cut still making darn good money...<been racking in the o/t the last 2 months

as much as i hate working there,<well there are some good days> have no set schedule<punch in between 6:30 and 7:00> have a cup of coffee. read my e-mails and respond as needed. get supplies or order them. do what ever needs to be done in the shop... leave between 2:30 and 3:30< as long as i get my 8 hours in or 40 hours by friday....it's all good..

will be in house for the next 2 days, this will give me a chance to do some overdue maintenance that "gilligan" was supposed to do.. easy stuff :somad.

in closing it hard to leave what i call a nursery school and still make a good living, venting helps me deal with the b.s...

and yes you are all welcome to vent here as well... thats why this thread is called
common-sense-is-out-the-window

Last edited:

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
YIPPEE YIPPEE.... AS OF THIS MORNING I AM NO LONGER A TRUCK DRIVER<got a bad feeling the replacement ain't going to make it>
.....was that a bird..no was that a train..no .. it's maintenance man able to fix a buffer in a single bound... disguised as mild manor gardener.:lol:

yup all done for now.. spent most of the morning fixing everything i told gilligan to do the other week and cracked the whip on him <since i am back, there are no more excuses why things are not getting done>.... have to go in sunday and fix/rebuild certain critical pieces of equipment that have been , lets just say gilligan put bandaids on....grrrrrrrr oh yes dragging his butt in as well....

after getting everything back to where it should be,which will take a week and another weekend,
will be going over to the new store and start getting it up and running that will take a week or two.

so today on the way home purchased a little something to celebrate 11 weeks and 4 days getting up at all hours of the morning.
IMG_0609[1].JPG
both dw and i agree the alarm sounds so much sweeter at 5:30 am than 2am...:ya

happy weekend everyone......:)

Last edited:

Latest posts