common sense is out the window

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bee, I believe every word of that. That's so sad it's almost not funny. Almost. I'll be looking for the next story.

I see this a lot over on the chicken forum. Someone says "Use your common sense." Most people anymore don't have any experience with any animals other than maybe a pet dog or cat plus what they see on Disney. They are so isolated from the reality of animals other than their household pets they have no experience to base "common sense" on. They really do need the help. I can understand these people though I sometimes just shake my head with what they come up with.

But some people are so divorced from the reality of their own life I don't know how they get themselves dressed in the morning.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
if anyone is interested be glad to do a "how a tire is retreaded thread" once i get back from warsaw... it's a very interesting process

I'd like to learn about that. I've always wondered about it. Especially on long road trips where you get to see exploded tires all over the roadside. That Crazy Glue must not have been strong enough...

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
the tire treads you see in the highway are called "gators" if not careful they will take a bite out of the underside of our car..

gators happen mainly from 6 reasons,
1. the driver did not do a proper pre trip inspection did not check for proper air pressure in the tires...
2. picked up a road hazard <nail.etc> and had a slow leak till it ran flat and came apart...
3. tire was retreaded to many times <old tire>..
4. the initial inspector missed a nail hole..
5. the retreader had a mis-cure on the tire and the final inspector missed it or just let it go through...
6. tire had a inner liner separation...

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
On the subject of tires...I had a thrilling moment a few years back while sitting at the head of the line in the left turn lane to go south at a red light. In the northbound lane, and the lane closest to me a logging truck, fully loaded, was barreling along. (You know those crazy log truck drivers). Before he got to the intersection he was passed by one of his wheels.....yikes. I couldn't see where it went but did hear a load crash. Fortunately nobody got hurt.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
On the subject of tires...I had a thrilling moment a few years back while sitting at the head of the line in the left turn lane to go south at a red light. In the northbound lane, and the lane closest to me a logging truck, fully loaded, was barreling along. (You know those crazy log truck drivers). Before he got to the intersection he was passed by one of his wheels.....yikes. I couldn't see where it went but did hear a load crash. Fortunately nobody got hurt.
oh yeah tooth pick drivers are nuts.....

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I can't even begin to described the number of common sense is long gone moments Ive had to respond to.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
this morning while out in the garden the retread supervisor called me, he thanked me for the melons and then told me that he forgot to mention to me the other day the the wing former motor on one of the extruders has been tripping...really i am only there all day and why did not the operator come get me?... "man we need to keep production going and i can't have you shut me down"........:he. "i need you come in this weekend and fix it or come in at 4 am tuesday".... :he. will see what i can do....nope not going in till 6;45 am tuesday... he/they knew there was a problem and did not report to me, will fix it even if shuts that extruder down all day....
will deal with this tuesday with the g/m.......
as i have been trying to tell all the other supervisors over the years,we need to be proactive rather than reactive ...all i ever hear from them is production production production......like i keep thousands of dollars worth of spare parts on hand...:he.