common sense is out the window

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
My problem are phone carrying car drivers. No problem talking on phone, just use a blue tooth so you can pay attention and drive.

And get out of passing lane......

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
starting July 1st, NH is a hands free state. when i see someone with a phone to their ear as they negotiate a turn at the same time it makes me cringe in fear.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I drive a school bus. 90% of people that run my stop arm/lights are on the phone. :somad

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Talking about loss of common sense ... quite often I have to pick up my wife frpm her downtown Portland, Ore. office where the bike drivers are the loss of brains as well as common sense when aboard their 2 wheeled mode of transportation. If I drive 2- 3 blocks without avoiding those idiots that dart in and out of traffic, make a sharp turn right in front of you, flip you off when you screech your brakes to avoid hitting them while they have their blue tooth in ear and making hand jestures as they talk who ever, run red lights since they own the road. :somad

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
here i was planning a great friday off ,but nooo one of the stores general managers went against the owner's rules.. no tire shall be sent in with any tire sealant in them. guess what i am working tomorrow there was a chamber fire we will not know till 8 am once i open it up and see the damage inside. could be minor could be major
hoping for the minor and only a 8 hour clean and repair.if major it could be a 72 hr rebuild... anyway you look at it all 25 tires are a total loss.

all i know it's going to to be a black nasty mess to clean....... photos to come tomorrow evening so you know what a chamber looks like....

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Last month I got a flat and used a can of fix a flat. When repairman went to remove tire from rim, not sure what happened, just heard a lot of cursing. Was told if I ever use fix a flat again not to come back.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
At least it sounds like no one was hurt. I'm sure you would have mentioned that. All I can do is hope it is a minor disaster not a major one. Fire clean-up can be really nasty.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Do as circumstances require. Majors problem is not that someone used a sealant but that someone who should have known better messed up. NYBoy's comment shows a potential consequence of using one. You may be faced with a much worse consequence than having trouble getting the tire off the rim. Do what you need to.

Latest posts