common sense is out the window

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
not saying im a perfect angel i make my fair share of mistakes..take the ass chewing lick my wounds and move on... cant stand people who blatantly blame others for their mistakes....they are the ones who make the work place distasteful...

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
oh lord give me strength to forgive others..... not.......... he got both barrels this morning.......

we sell our rubber shavings to a company up in wisconsin <you know where this is leading...dang yankee's> called last week to see when the driver was going to show up to switch the trailers...mon or tues.
okay can handle that.. he never showed up till late last night and picked up the trailer sitting out front..called him about that yesterday so the trailer we been using might be overweight now....

hes new to the job 8 months...had to explain to him why i put in the contract 3 trailers, one to use, one to be picked up and returned within 15 days and the third for emergencies <weather, truck break down,etc> we can not shut down because you can not pick up.....
explained to him that has not been happening trailers are being overweight his company has to rent a bobcat to move shavings over to another trailer...

just to backup a little i have had to call him and who he replaced just about every time we get a empty trailer because there is something wrong that should have been fixed before it left their plant and we end up spending time fixing it...

anyway today we switched out the trailer,got the empty trailer in position hooked up opened up the back door holy sh!t or wtf ?????
took a photo sent it off to him and called <of course it went to voice>.
i cant have trailers looking like this everytime....
IMG_3166.JPG

the plant operation manager emailed me back an hour later, when that trailer left it did not look like that, sorry we will fix this problem! are you able to fix it?
really like im going to let it run like that<dang yankee>
sent them a photo back...

yup cobbed it... not much to work with structurally but we will be able to load our shavings into this trailer...can not guarantee what it will look like when you get it back ....
IMG_3167.JPG

all i got back from him ....good job and thank you.

really if you did your job right you would never hear from except when i need a pick up...

after getting home the person i call called me we had a good talk.. gave him the three minute crew out
1. rip him a new one.
2. explained what we need.
3 praised him for all the great things he has done for us.

oh trust me things are going to improve on your trailers. hummm we shall see

happy friday everyone.....

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
well getting into the short rows on this project.... a couple contractors plumber/electrician had to pull permits which put us behind a couple weeks..thank goodness the inspector was a easy going person, he was impressed on some of the work i did,even though i was not licensed.

before...
img_0985-jpg.24203

after
View attachment 24817

before..
img_0988-jpg.24201

new paneling though the main hallway and installed the bronze tinted safety glass looking out into the shop, the only thing missing is the split glass slider in the manager's office...
after.
View attachment 24818
the owner and g/m where very happy about the glass this morning.....
View attachment 24819

monday the tile people are coming in to install, once they are done the plumber can setting fixtures in the restrooms, and the painter to do the popcorn ceiling the electrician can finish his wiring, after that the inspector can sign off. of course still need to do the molding around the doors and corners and install the air compressor and air dryers...

now i just found out that the air compressors/air dryer and storage tanks need to be moved in the conover store.....to much noise
grrrrrr..... told the owner that was a bad spot for them,,but nnnooo thats where he wanted them..:he:he:he
what a pain in the ass to move those sob's to the new spot, a lot of time went into setting and plumbing them. not to mention money.
compressors-jpeg.14308

oh lord i love my job.....
It really is beautiful, but, pardon me...I want to rip out the cement floor and put in a horse arena.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
today at 9;15 am i snapped the ball........handed in my 2 week notice...... she took it quite well now the owner is going to blindsided when he returns next thursday.
usually when you turn your notice in, your gone by noon..

it's like a weight has been lifted off me.....
images (24).jpeg

so for the next 2 weeks will be trying to cram 14 years worth of experience into their new maintenance person...like that's going to happen there's no way of transferring the wealth of knowledge i have learned...

my letter...........

Dan Rice and Leslie Horn, 4/19/2019

I have clearly thought this over for quite awhile, and with deepest regret I need to tender my two week notice to you.

Before I start, I need to say something to you both of you;

Dan, I have always respected you over the past 19 plus years. You and my father were almost a like. Stern when needed and compassionate other times, a character that is not found in many people anymore. I would like to say you have my utmost gratitude for everything you have done for my family and me over the years.

Leslie, since my father’s death, I have done some serious soul searching. Piedmont is going in a positive direction, but I do not see me in this picture.

I would rather leave under friendly terms. I would like to be able to shake your hands as a friend and mentor, when and if we meet sometime down the road.

Sincerely Lloyd Hathaway

Last edited:

Latest posts