common sense out the window .......the new beginning

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I was hired to be the parts person at a garbage company, I knew nothing about truck parts. Nothing. In time, I discovered that the mechanics didn't even have basic repair items, bolts, air fittings and hydraulic fittings. I found old bins with drawers in a trailer at the back of the property and had the yard hand bring them to the parts room. I started ordering in parts, organizing and labeling the bins. My first bolt order was $1500, which earned me a butt chewing from the owner. I asked him if he wanted a $250,000 truck down over a $5 part and he stuttered a bit, shut up and left me alone after that.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
kind of feel sorry for the new retread manager, the old one stole tools, and didn't give a sh!t about the shop, so he has his hands full with nothing to work with. found parts that i ordered from last year thrown in a filing cabinet.. :he

the rebuild kit, 50kw power supply, set of carbon balls, 2 glass resistors, vacuum envelope tester and all the couplers and nipples come to around 8000.00.
but there is no more excuses for missed nail holes or mis-cures...

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
today was the internal boiler inspection,got an A- had a little soot in the fire tube, need to send a photo to my boiler man and see what he thinks have changed since he fixed the burner area. Gilligan and i put it all back together added chemicals fired it up.... nothing :he
found that the boiler disconnect blades were not getting a good connections with each other , bent them in that solved that problem. waited to get pressure.... good old Gilligan waited to tell me that the feed water valve was leaking once the got to 65 psi. i was off working on another piece of equipment.

he said it was leaking once the boiler got pressure and he didnt want to bother me...
wtf????? :he:he why wait till now

so now have to go back in tomorrow and replace the packing to the valve......grrrrrrr

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
called my boiler man last night asked him if he had packing for the valve, he told me that it was not worth repacking, so one of his employees came out this morning between the 2 of us replaced the valve and check valve in about an hour.
while we waiting around for it to get pressure showed him the photo of the soot he got his tester found that air damper was out of adjustment..

so we are up and running again

Latest posts